Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« on: 22/12/2006 at 14:55 »
the loch at Delgatie remains frozen today (friday) with still about an inch of ice.
the prospects aren't looking good for the coming days with temps of -7 on sat night forecast and the fishery closed for christmas day and boxing day it will be well into next week before we can reopen (weather permiting).
an update will be posted here after christmas and also on my mobile phone answering service.

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #1 on: 22/12/2006 at 16:45 »
Hi Brian

Haddo was the same today, the ice is still at least an inch to two inches thick. Like Delgatie, it looks like Haddo will be closed until about mid week after Christmas. I will post something on here when I think I can open again.

Best wishes
Mike
 :z3

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #2 on: 23/12/2006 at 16:44 »
here's a couple of photos i took this afternoon(sat).

frozen solid!!

an ice skating heron

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #3 on: 23/12/2006 at 16:49 »
"CRACKING" photos Brian  :cool:

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #4 on: 23/12/2006 at 19:10 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :z14

Artloch
« Reply #5 on: 23/12/2006 at 23:37 »
In common with other fisheries, Artloch also remains ice bound and is not expected to be ice free until, I suspect, the 27th; please call for update before travelling.

Merry Christmas and I hope that Santa will be good to you.

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #6 on: 25/12/2006 at 00:57 »
Likewise Pitfour has been frozen with about 4 inches over most the loch this week while i was away. Looks like it will in the middle of the week befor we are open again. Will post a message when we are reopening.

Andrew

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #7 on: 26/12/2006 at 17:37 »
Hi Folks

I suspect that Haddo will be closed for a few days yet .......... these frosty nights are making the ice even thicker.

I will post something on here as soon as I feel that conditions are improving.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z3

Dutchfly

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #8 on: 27/12/2006 at 11:27 »
Mike,

Sounds like it's getting time for the Haddo International Speedskating Championships  :lol:

CU

Jeroen

Sandy Nelson

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #9 on: 27/12/2006 at 17:09 »
Jeroen

We had considered a float tube curling event last year when it was frozen :lol:
Still sounds like a laugh to me

Sandy

Dutchfly

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #10 on: 28/12/2006 at 16:22 »
Now that I'd like to see on Haddo.tv! :z4  :z4  :z4
Cheers,

Jeroen

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #11 on: 28/12/2006 at 23:44 »
hi folks
pitfour is still well and truly frozen with the ice getting thicker by the day with the locals now coming along to try and skate, looking kile it will be the start of the week at the earliest unless we get a heat wave

will keep you informed on the ice

andrew 07849113435

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #12 on: 29/12/2006 at 10:43 »
delgatie is also still frozen solid, despite the overnight thaw the ice remains about 3 inch thick and will be a few days yet before it is fishable.

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #13 on: 30/12/2006 at 15:09 »
Haddo was still frozen today (Saturday) but the ice is a lot thinner after last night's milder temps and windy conditions.  :z6

I am hoping to be able to open again on Tuesday the 2nd, as long as we don't get more frost of course  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #14 on: 30/12/2006 at 15:39 »
same story at delgatie, the loch is still about 2/3rds frozen but the ice is still 2 inch thick won't be open til tuesday at the earliest.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com