Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Braeside Ice free
« Reply #15 on: 30/12/2006 at 19:29 »
Fished Braeside today , had a couple of Rainbows and a Perch. Because of the exposed location, It almost never freezes over. no sign of ice today.

:z18

Cheers

Jim

Artloch Update
« Reply #16 on: 01/01/2007 at 09:49 »
Happy New Year to everyone.

Artloch remains frozen.   Earliest expected date of opening is the 3rd.

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #17 on: 01/01/2007 at 14:08 »
loch still has a lot of ice today(1st jan), so we will now be reopening on the 3rd weather permitting.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Mike Barrio

Posted by Stuart at Artloch
« Reply #18 on: 02/01/2007 at 19:56 »
( Posted on the forum by Stuart from Artloch Trout Fishery today, Tuesday 2nd )

Artloch remains ice bound. With still at least an inch of ice and air temperatures hardly rising, combined with little or no wind, suggests that the earliest that we expect to clear of ice is Friday or Saturday.

Contact Artloch for uptodate information.

07870 651 368

sightbob

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #19 on: 02/01/2007 at 20:02 »
delgatie will reopen on the 3rd jan, now ice free :grin:

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #20 on: 02/01/2007 at 21:04 »
The Ice at Pitfour is melting well and a good 3rd or more of it is clear enough to fish today so we will reopen from tommorrow (Wednesday) 9am

andrew

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #21 on: 02/01/2007 at 22:13 »
I struggled today  :z6

First I went for a walk round the boats on the ice, then I scratched my head for a while, then I took a sledge hammer to it ( still at least 2 inch thick and makes a magic noise when you hit it  :z4 )

Managed to hammer a path to the middle of the loch and then got the outboard on the back of the fibreglass boat ( ice is not good for the wooden clinkers!  :shock: ) and charged  :cool:

Got stranded on top of it a few times and managed to break my own record ........ a "boat curl" from the willows down to almost as far as the bottom island, serious stuff, very loud and not for the fainthearted  :roll:

After about 4 hours I'd cleared about a quarter of the lake, but it was freezing up behind me again, so unless we get some wind tonight I could be back where I started tomorrow  :z4

I have a couple of bookings for tomorrow too, so I hope some of the water stays clear tonight. I think it probably will, near the springs at least.

Will keep you posted during the week folks, Haddo is always one of the more difficult lochs to clear because it is so sheltered.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #22 on: 03/01/2007 at 19:53 »
There was still quite a bit of ice about this morning, but it broke fairly easily and the wind was "working away" at it nicely. I let two boats out on the loch today, as three might have been a bit tight.

Young Andrew Lockhart caught the first fish of the year, a cracking blue trout, he tempted five fish up to approx 8 lb today on his pink bloodworm pattern and I got some good photos ................ but when I went to download them from the camera I deleted them by mistake ( old age creeping in? ) ............ SORRY ANDREW  :oops:

I have three boats booked for tomorrow (thursday) and there should be enough open water for these to fish comfortably. I have plenty of boats available for Friday and Saturday at the moment, but please note that Sunday is fully booked for a club outing.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z3

Mike Barrio

Fishery Ice Updates
« Reply #23 on: 05/01/2007 at 21:50 »
Hardly any ice left now and the loch is fishing very well  :wink:

All the boats are booked for this weekend ( unless there is a last minute cancellation on Saturday morning )

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com