Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Chatreuse Cruncher Variant
« on: 20/11/2009 at 23:09 »
Evening all,
Playing about on the vice i decided this wee chap looked rather tasty  :shock
Not the best photos in the world and the tails just a smidgen to long but reckon it will fish well  :grin
What you all reckon  :?

Cheers,
Baz.

Iain Goolager

Re: Chatreuse Cruncher Variant
« Reply #1 on: 20/11/2009 at 23:24 »
I have no doubt that you'll have a trout or 2 on it?

IS IT A BARBLESS HOOK?

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 20/11/2009 at 23:32 »
Barbless  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4
Your a funny guy  :wink

David

« Reply #3 on: 20/11/2009 at 23:50 »
Spot on Baz  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 21/11/2009 at 00:04 »
Nice flies Baz ...... I like the second one.

Are you going to do an SBS for us? :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #5 on: 21/11/2009 at 16:14 »
I really like these. Think i will have a go at them later.  :z16

lenap

Re: damsels
« Reply #6 on: 24/11/2009 at 19:58 »
[  after tying  many damsel flies i tried adding a kevlar core to the midge diamond braid tail . a simple overhand knot at tails end with a drop of super glue does the trick. very durable. i also used phesant marabou along with ice dubbing for life like action. clear glass beads also  are a great attractor. always looking for new ideas, pete

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 24/11/2009 at 20:04 »
Some nice looking flies there Pete

:z18

Jim

lenap

« Reply #8 on: 24/11/2009 at 23:21 »
jim,
      thanks for the reply and the comment, i have always tried to make any fly pattern " my own " and after tying the origional pattern, i always go after what i feel could use a " tweek ". if there is a question or an idea that you would like to exchange , by all means drop me a line. fall is tying time and these days i am on the vise just about daily, refilling  my boxes. thanks again , pete

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 24/11/2009 at 23:27 »
Hi Pete,
I really like the look of the mylar Damsel one - real fish attractor.
 :z16
Iain

lenap

« Reply #10 on: 25/11/2009 at 12:28 »
 hello Iain,
               if you can get some midge diamond braid, in a pearl color, thats a good start. midge is the diameter you want, pearl color being very light, will take on any color from a marking pen. just a swipe at the top on the length of the tail with ( teal blue ) pen is perfect. now the tail has a darker top and a pearl silver bottom. a simple overhand knot at the end of the braid, note, leave a little end past the knot for effect. drop of super glue.i use a hopper hook , the braid is easy to penetrate with the hook eye. just judge the length of tail you want , and insert hook eye. now tye off the braid on the hook shank  and build the rest of your fly from there. ice dub and pheasent marabou in a dubbing loop is a great body, marker pen that also. comb it out. let me know , catch one for me , pete.

Mike Barrio

Re: Chatreuse Cruncher Variant New
« Reply #11 on: 25/11/2009 at 12:32 »
hello Iain,
               if you can get some midge diamond braid, in a pearl color, thats a good start. midge is the diameter you want, pearl color being very light, will take on any color from a marking pen. just a swipe at the top on the length of the tail with ( teal blue ) pen is perfect. now the tail has a darker top and a pearl silver bottom. a simple overhand knot at the end of the braid, note, leave a little end past the knot for effect. drop of super glue.i use a hopper hook , the braid is easy to penetrate with the hook eye. just judge the length of tail you want , and insert hook eye. now tye off the braid on the hook shank  and build the rest of your fly from there. ice dub and pheasent marabou in a dubbing loop is a great body, marker pen that also. comb it out. let me know , catch one for me , pete.

Can you do a "step by step" for us please Pete :z16

Just take some photos while tying your fly and then use the photos to help describe how to make one for ourselves, just like the flies in the "step by step" thread here ..... http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com