Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matt Henderson

Re: Whats on your vice this winter?
« Reply #135 on: 05/03/2010 at 18:51 »
Welcome back Baz, nice Cormorant.  :z16

Matt,
Twas my intention to swing out bye this afternoon (thought I had your mobile No. on my phone) and see this new build of yours but by the time I got to Kintore I wondered if you'd still be there so left it.
Who's been advocating black WB's with orange tungsten coneheads??  :z8

I take it the 3wt wasn't bent today

Iain

I left at about half past two so that my mate was home in Aberdeen in time to get his kids from school. 

Nope the 3wt is still in its case waiting for a chance to get to Haddo to A) choose a line and B) catch its first fish. 

Lochter was pretty slow today.  Although I wish i tried the wooly bugger earlier. 

MC72

« Reply #136 on: 07/03/2010 at 13:25 »
I started fly tying about a year ago and had a bit of success on my own flies in the summer, especially on my "green weed fly" as it was christened by one of my friends. Been tying a few up over the winter and decided to post them as my contribution. Funny how an extreme close up of your creation shows up the imperfections that for some reason my eyes miss whem i'm tying them. Hope you like them.

This one accounted for 5 at Lochter on saturday morning :grin

Barry Robertson

« Reply #137 on: 07/03/2010 at 21:53 »
some recent snatchers ;)

Iain Goolager

« Reply #138 on: 07/03/2010 at 23:25 »
Hi MC72,
Welcome to the forum and well done for posting a large selection of your flies. The quality of your photo's is very good and I understand only too well how imperfections which are invisible to the naked eye are magnified by this.

I've no doubt that your flies will catch fish - never seen anything like your 'weed fly' before ??? but if it works for you then all the good.

A year isn't a long time in fly-tying so well done for trying different types of fly and techniques.

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #139 on: 07/03/2010 at 23:30 »
Yes, great stuff "MC72"

Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #140 on: 07/03/2010 at 23:32 »
Won't be long now! :z16

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #141 on: 07/03/2010 at 23:35 »
Oooooooo ........ they look nice Iain, very fishy! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #142 on: 08/03/2010 at 09:37 »
Welcome to the site MC72, nice efforts  :wink

Nice flies also Iain, is that the aero wing your using in those flies, if so where did you get it from ??
Cheers
Baz
 :z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #143 on: 08/03/2010 at 12:17 »
Hi MC72

Today i have been mostly getting crabs :shock.......... :shock...............

To form on the tip of my vice. So far they look like this, but it is far from sorted :z6

This is cool though, it took quite a while to get to this.... and there is a lot more movement to introduce yet :wink

It need to shake its claws at the fish, in a come and eat me if your quick enough kind of way
 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Barry Robertson

« Reply #144 on: 08/03/2010 at 15:53 »
A couple of lightweights for the buzzer hatchs in the near fututre, i just realised how better photography is when done outdoors, more flies to come soon  :wink

Tightlines,

Baz

:z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #145 on: 08/03/2010 at 17:01 »
Baz,
On the works compyewder so can't see your flies at the mo.

Yes, It's Aero wing - Medium Dun & Cinnamon in the picture. I've this in a few colours - some from the Orvis shoppe & some from Flytying Boutique - Look on his site as he has a picture with all the colours avail, maybe 12 or so which is good for doing sighted posts and mimicking more natural wing colours.

Iain

Iain Goolager

« Reply #146 on: 08/03/2010 at 19:19 »
Nice flies and al-fresco ambience (pronounced om-bee-yonce) Bart. :cool:

Sandy what are your claws made from? The pattern's going very well so far  :z16

Iain

Irvine Ross

« Reply #147 on: 08/03/2010 at 19:36 »
Nice tying y'all.

I've been tied up (groan) with other things for the past couple of weeks and havn't got back to the vice yet. I'm jealous.

Irvine

Matt Henderson

« Reply #148 on: 08/03/2010 at 21:47 »
Nice flies boys but I'm still enjoying my big book of salmon flies so I made a family of Ally's Shrimps of various patterns

So from front to back they are a Copper Ally's Shrimp, Yellow Ally's Shrimp, Ally's Shrimp, Tummel Shrimp and a Black Ally's Shrimp.

Cheers

Matt  :z18 :z15

Iain Goolager

« Reply #149 on: 08/03/2010 at 22:14 »
Nice as usual Matt,

You need to get out and try them though.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com