Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 26th )
« on: 26/10/2009 at 19:36 »
Hi folks :cool:

Spiders, Crunchers, Snatchers, Diawl Bachs, Hares Lug, PTN, Damsels, small Dancers, Buzzers and Bloodworm have been on the menu at Haddo this week, but don't forget to try dry flies, as these have produced some excellent sport over the last couple of days :wink

Paul Grant enjoyed a great session tempting 40 fish up to 13 lb, Michael MacPherson netted 25 to 8 lb, Andrew MacPherson 22 to 3 lb, Richard Hay 21 to 4 lb, Charlie MacPherson 20 to 11 lb, George Niblock 20+ to 7 lb, Brian Liebenberg 19 to 6 lb, Frank Thrall 18 to 4 lb, Sandy Reid 15 to 6 lb, David Moir 15 to 5 lb, Michael Troup 15 to 4 lb, Alan Birnie 14 to 4 lb, Ewan Lindsay 13 to 7 lb, Ronnie Birnie 12 to 6 lb, Jim Eddie 10 to 10 lb and Paul Gibson had 10 fish up to 4 lb.

Good to see the resident swans coming home this morning after last week's battle :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/haddo-trout-fishery.html

Noel Kelly

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 26th )
« Reply #1 on: 26/10/2009 at 21:30 »
Good to see the resident swans coming home this morning after last week's battle :cool:

Hi Mike
Do tell?

This is an awesome picture :z16

http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/haddo-trout-fishery.html

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 26/10/2009 at 21:36 »
Hi Noel :z16

The battle resulted when a family of incoming swans tried to take over the lake ...... See last week's report for photos of them.
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2245.0

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 26/10/2009 at 21:44 »
Thanks Mike, how did I miss that. Have to get up to see you soon if this mild weather holds :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 27/10/2009 at 20:42 »
 Hey Mike,

Got a boat (or even tubeing space? possibly?) free for tomorrow?

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 27/10/2009 at 20:55 »
Hi Iain :cool:

Yes, boat number five sir ............. See you tomorrow :z16

Cheers
Mike

bruce

« Reply #6 on: 27/10/2009 at 22:00 »
hey Mike can i book a boat for 2 when i eventually get out of Africa on th 21st of november if it aint frozen by then, pleeeeease i need something to look forward too :z15, i will check nearer the time, got to get permission from the finanical controller aka the wife :z4

Bruce :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 28/10/2009 at 01:27 »
hey Mike can i book a boat for 2 when i eventually get out of Africa on th 21st of november if it aint frozen by then, pleeeeease i need something to look forward too :z15, i will check nearer the time, got to get permission from the finanical controller aka the wife :z4

Hi Bruce
Welcome to the forum :z16

Yes ............. I've booked a boat for you :wink

See you then
Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 28/10/2009 at 19:56 »
Thanks for a good day today Mike, the Loch is indeed very picturesque just now.
Nice to catch a few troots on small dries ;D

Iain

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 28/10/2009 at 23:23 »

Hi Bruce, where abouts in Africa do you work?  Im stuck in Africa myself at the minute!  and yes your right, days at Haddo most certainly give me something to look forward to when I'm stuck down here!

:z18

Steven

bruce

« Reply #10 on: 30/10/2009 at 15:10 »
Hi Steven, i am in sunny Angola. Where are you at? if you are home round the same time give me a shout and we can plan a trip together if you are at a loose end any time.

Bruce :z3

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #11 on: 30/10/2009 at 20:45 »
Hi Steven, i am in sunny Angola. Where are you at? if you are home round the same time give me a shout and we can plan a trip together if you are at a loose end any time.

Bruce :z3

Lucky you Bruce I'm in Nigeria :z5 Yeah that sounds like a plan!  I'll be home on the 7th, I rotate 28/28 just fire me a pm when/if you are planning to head out for a cast, I have bugger all to do during weekdays so i'm always up for a cast!  Infact just out of curiosity I was just speakin to one of the boys here and he mentioned something, you wouldnt happen to be bruce Hosie(sp) by any chance???  Just checked your profile and figured there cant be many bruce's that live up that way that just so happen to be in angola at the moment, it maybe is just a coincidence.

:z18

Steven

bruce

« Reply #12 on: 31/10/2009 at 08:15 »
Nigeria :mad doesnt sound like fun....... Nah Glasscoe, formally Troup. im 35/35 and get hame 21st i think. will give you a shout when the minister of home affairs allows it. :z4

mikethepike

« Reply #13 on: 01/11/2009 at 17:40 »
hi mike would u have a free boat on tuesday morning bout 10 ish plz thanks mike t :z4

bruce

« Reply #14 on: 01/11/2009 at 19:53 »
hi mike would u have a free boat on tuesday morning bout 10 ish plz thanks mike t :z4

you are not allowed out any more until i get hame... :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com