Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Sad Scenes At Kintore
« on: 22/10/2009 at 12:27 »
A search is underway for a chap from the Kintore area after his tractor became submerged in the Don this morning, he is reported 'missing'.  The Don is as big here as I have ever seen it and it is still rising, came up about 1' whilst I was watching, about 30 mins.

Suprisingly SEPA has not issued a flood warning despite the level at Alford being higher than it was in September and still rising when Fish Don levels were updated this morning, it has apparently now peaked at Alford but will still continue to rise at Inverurie and Kintore.

Hopefully all will turn out well.

Ben

Rob Brownfield

Re: Sad Scences At Kintore
« Reply #1 on: 22/10/2009 at 12:38 »
Terrible news....lets hope there is good news forthcomming.

The Dee is way up, over the acces road for the Crathes beat, the Feugh is awesome, you cannot see the rocks at all and the bridge is vibrating and the Beltie burn is...well...belting through!

If anyone is out and about today, please be careful.

DaveW

« Reply #2 on: 22/10/2009 at 13:02 »
sad scenes indeed, doesnt fill you with hope the longer the search continues. It shows how brutal mother nature can be and why we must never adopt the "it will never happen to me" attitude.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 22/10/2009 at 13:25 »
WTF :shock :shock

Thats tragic lets hope that by some miracle he has managed to survive

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 22/10/2009 at 15:45 »
Saw this on the news earlier, knew something was going on as flights into Aberdeen were diverted this morning due to the SAR heli being in action.
Apparently he was trying to rescue some cattle. Anyone know from which field in those pics as I may well have spoken to him.
I come from a farming backround and well understand the pressures farmers are under but its terrible when someone who would prob have known these fields and the river all his life can have a tragic accident like this.

Here is some more info
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1450775

Ben Dixon

Re: Sad Scenes At Kintore
« Reply #5 on: 22/10/2009 at 16:33 »
Just been out and taken a few more pics, come up another 3' or so since this morning

It seems the search in the immediate area at Kintore has been called off, anyone heard any news?

Ben

DaveW

« Reply #6 on: 22/10/2009 at 16:39 »
Last I heard was that the search had been scaled down. Tragic

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 22/10/2009 at 16:59 »
A semi reliable source  :z7 from HM coastguard just informed me the tractor has been located and is fully submerged but water clarity is too poor to ascertain whether or not there is anyone inside.  It seems that the tractor is in the main river rather than in the fields, not good, lets hope the water drops soon and the vehicle can be recovered.  Still raining in Strathdon and forecast to get worse before it eases off and another inch or two forecast for Saturday.

Ben

Jay Scott

« Reply #8 on: 22/10/2009 at 17:44 »
Terrible news.... hope he got out ok and thoughts going out to the family. Never seen it this high was a shock going over the Don Bridge today.

Jay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 22/10/2009 at 20:01 »
That's tragic news ......... let's hope that by some miracle the farmer managed to save himself.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com