Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Fisher

Ythan Today
« on: 20/10/2009 at 23:48 »
First cast of the day I hooked a fish I would estimate at about 12lbs. It was a bit coloured and the hook came out as I was netting it. Went further downriver and caught 2 grilse on the 5lb mark on consecutive casts - both covered in long tailed sea lice. Further downriver had a silvery sea trout which is quite unusual so late in the season and a nice finnock. went back upriver to the same spot where I had the 2 grilse earlier and bingo caught another the same size and again covered in sea lice. on the way back to the car had a 2nd finnock. Water conditions were not ideal as the water was very clear but a strong upstream wind was causing a good surface ripple which probably hid me from the fishes view.  No salmon at all so far this season until today which was just one of those memorable days you get from time to time.

Steven Sinclair

Re: Ythan Today
« Reply #1 on: 20/10/2009 at 23:55 »
  Congratulations!  Thats an excellent days fishing by anybodies standards!!! 

:z18

Steven

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 21/10/2009 at 00:04 »
Nice one :z16

they don't come round that often so well done.
I'll bet they were on a single hander!

Any particular patterns?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 21/10/2009 at 06:26 »
Sounds like a red letter day  :z16 Where on the Ythan were you fisher ?

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 21/10/2009 at 06:35 »
Superb, a day to remember :z16 well done :z16

Fisher

« Reply #5 on: 21/10/2009 at 23:16 »
Was on the ADAA stretch at Ardlethen

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 23/10/2009 at 17:34 »
Have you been back since Bob :?

Jockmcsprock

« Reply #7 on: 24/10/2009 at 13:51 »
is there any one fishing ythan to day??and if so where? water in ellon still very high any fish taken up water? :z15 weather forecast for next week not to bad still occasional spells of heavy rain. bloddy tipical of october no water for weeks then to much of the stuff :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com