Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Alex Burnett

Re: 2nd Rod Build Project - CTS Affinity Plus DH 14’ #9/10
« Reply #30 on: 13/11/2009 at 17:04 »
Hi Cammy

I gave the supplier the max OD of the blank at the Butt end & the OD of the hood of the Reel Seat & he made it to suit needed a little taping up on the handle & a very snug fit on the reel Seat. It was actually such a snug fit I had to remove some epoxy during fitting as the handle & Reel Seat would not go together it was working like a suspension dampner, just took out a little at a time until the two seated properly & now it is absolutely solid.

Alex

Rob Brownfield

Re: 2nd Rod Build Project - CTS Affinity Plus DH 14’ #9/10
« Reply #31 on: 14/11/2009 at 22:14 »
Mike,
You know my views on this :)...

Its always a bit of a gamble when ordering blanks etc online, although going to someone like Meadow Fishery where you can phone up and speak to John, the rod builder is perhaps the safest way of doing it. Being able to jump in the car and actually handle the blanks/rods would be fantastic!!

What about a #3, a #5 and a #7. I think that range would cover 90% of the Trout anglers not only in this area, but most of the UK too. The difference between a 3 and a 4 or a 4 and a 5 is not really that great for most people, so I think you would be limiting your customer base????
With a 7 you are starting to get into Sea Trout and Salmon too, thus increasing that customer base even more.

Just a thought.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com