Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

New fishing programme for TV
« Reply #75 on: 26/01/2007 at 17:11 »
Hi Peter

Yes, but it is easier to fall off the bank than it is out of a float tube ....... I guess I'm kind of a falling in expert  :z4

The grass one was really funny, because as soon as I kneeled on it I realised that there was nothing under the grass and from then on everything seemed to go in slow motion  :z4

Cheers
Mike

i thought the bbc were tight
« Reply #76 on: 26/01/2007 at 17:45 »
hi
 wendy watched it on the link up, look like you all were having a great time it is a pitty they didn`t let you keep the rod and the reel at the end.
henry and andrew
the water buoys

wendy

« Reply #77 on: 27/01/2007 at 18:35 »
Speaking of float tubes wait till you see me in mine :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

i am not gonna spoil it but you must watch it!!! :lol:

oooh i have a pic at the side of my name now thank you i presume Mike  :wink:

Aww someone of the other forum i go on has sent me some flies today in a little box they are lovely and i can't wait to put them to use!

« Reply #78 on: 27/01/2007 at 18:42 »
look forward to that Wendy have seen a few funny things with float tubes
andrew

wendy

« Reply #79 on: 27/01/2007 at 18:47 »
hahahah it was great fun... well it would've been  :lol:

And that cramp in the legs is not good for you :mad:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #80 on: 30/01/2007 at 21:22 »
I enjoyed the programme again this evening, they certainly took you to some cracking locations Wendy  :cool:

Any thoughts about travelling up and trying it again for yourself?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

wendy

« Reply #81 on: 30/01/2007 at 21:30 »
Mike i'd love to do it all again it was a dream for me...and watching it all again brought it home... Today i have wrote a letter to Mac i found his address in all the things i kept from Scotland even some of the heather which my fly was in more than the water :lol:

I was disappointed tonight they didn't show me catching all the fish i had.... and i really did think a ghillie was a rod :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

« Reply #82 on: 30/01/2007 at 21:41 »
Hi Wendy
enjoyed the beginning but some one around and i missed most of it, do you have a link for this weeks one by any chance :?: saw the gillie rod bit which raised a bit of a laugh in our house :lol:
Andrew

wendy

« Reply #83 on: 30/01/2007 at 22:09 »
the guy that does them is working tonight i think, so hopefully i can get it for tomorrow andrew and yes i was laughing and hoping they would edit that part :oops:  :oops:

« Reply #84 on: 30/01/2007 at 22:15 »
thanks Wendy

Hamish Young

« Reply #85 on: 30/01/2007 at 22:28 »
Brought back memories for me - my Dad took me up there (Scourie) when I was 12 for a fishing holiday which sadly lasted just 2 days (my Grandad passed away  :sad: ). The scenery did it for me, and I try to get back up to that part of the world in my current job as often as possible... which reminds me, I have an invite for a river and loch featured in a recent fishing programme - time to call it in :!:

Nice programme tonight, bit thin, but nice  :wink:

wendy

« Reply #86 on: 30/01/2007 at 22:42 »
they don't seem to show half of what was recorded i thought they may show us learning how to put the flies on and showing us making droppers because to be honest if you are a non angler then you still wouldn't have a clue! :oops:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #87 on: 30/01/2007 at 22:57 »
Quote from: "wendy"
they don't seem to show half of what was recorded i thought they may show us learning how to put the flies on and showing us making droppers because to be honest if you are a non angler then you still wouldn't have a clue! :oops:

I guess you'll just have to start up "Wendy's Fly Fishing School" and fill in the gaps  :!:

I'm curious Wendy ( since you hadn't any fly gear before the series and you didn't get to take your kit home at the end ) Have you now bought your own fly fishing outfit?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

wendy

« Reply #88 on: 30/01/2007 at 23:05 »
No mike  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  but last week i went on a fish -in with a forum i use regulary and we did a raffle for charity and there was a fly fishing rod and i won it!!!!

So once i have a nice reel and all the necessities i shall be out there. A friend of mine sent me a few flies which he's made himself and he is gonna take me to a lovely place called press manor... i really can't wait to get back out fly fishing i can't stress to people how much fun it really is!

and when i have my own fishing series like the coarse anglers of the world.... i shall i have the best fly rod and reel ever :grin: with my name on it!!!

Rod Mackay

« Reply #89 on: 31/01/2007 at 10:31 »
Excellent programme last night.  Well done Wendy.  Looks like it was a fair hike up the hill to get there!   :shock:

I managed to watch the second and third shows from the hyperlinks.  Do you have a link for the first show as I missed it.

Thanks

Rod

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com