Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wendy

New fishing programme for TV
« Reply #45 on: 18/01/2007 at 09:51 »
yes i am "the wendy"  :oops:

and yes i'll post the links of the show as i get them you'll laugh at me through the programme  :lol:

Yes i am a very keen angler i am passionate about my fishing i normally course fish so this was all very new to me  :oops:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #46 on: 18/01/2007 at 10:04 »
HI Wendy

Welcome to the forum, have to agree with Mike.
Bar one or two small points the programme is most enjoyable.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your adventure. :z16

Great link too.I didn't realise they had done that.Cool.

Sandy

new fishing programe for tv
« Reply #47 on: 18/01/2007 at 13:57 »
Hi wendy welcome to the forum,really enjoying the show takes me back when i was learning my son andrew. Now he loves the sport. :grin:

Henry and andrew thewaterbouys :lol:

Peter McCallum

« Reply #48 on: 18/01/2007 at 18:41 »
Bet you don't get too much scenery like that coarse fishing Wendy. Your keenness is obvious from the show so far :wink:

sightbob

« Reply #49 on: 18/01/2007 at 20:15 »
welcome to the forum wendy.
looks like u enjoyed scotland :z15
hope u keep the flyfishing up and come back sometime.

wendy

« Reply #50 on: 18/01/2007 at 21:33 »
It was the most beautiful place i have ever visited in my life!

I'm glad my keeness came over ok because if i could i would go fishing everyday!

No i never see scenery like that in Course fishing never!
I have recently started to fish for predators and i'm loving it. I smashed my personal best twice last weekend i had a lovely 2lb12oz PERCH and a 16lb 9oz PIKE it was awesome!!!! Can i put pics up on here to show you them? I know most of you love the fly fishing and i too did. But i would like to show you these...

Mike Barrio

« Reply #51 on: 18/01/2007 at 22:49 »
Hi Wendy

Yes, we'd love to see the photos, please do  :z16

We like anything to do with fishing  :cool:
Best wishes
Mike

wendy

« Reply #52 on: 19/01/2007 at 05:48 »
here they are! BUT! i still got as excited catching little brownie's as much as these :grin:

wendy

« Reply #53 on: 19/01/2007 at 05:54 »
here is the other!
 think i should wear a different colour of nail varnish  :oops:  maybe a camo green  :lol:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #54 on: 19/01/2007 at 08:03 »
Cracking fish.

Good photos too.Great to have you on board for a little extra variety.
Rob has some competition :lol:

Have you tried the Fly for the Pike and perch?

Sandy

Kev Danby

Nice Fish
« Reply #55 on: 19/01/2007 at 08:32 »
Hi Wendy, that's a couple of nice fish you have. there are a few of us up here with a coarse fishing background. did both fish come from the canal?

Where abouts are you fishing most of my coarse fishing was on the Trent, Dove and Trent and Mersey canal around the Derby area.

I still have my coarse gear and it usually gets an outing once a year I must admit though I now have a preference for fly fishing. As spiderman says you should try fly fishing for predators and other coarse fish.

Jim Eddie

New Programme
« Reply #56 on: 19/01/2007 at 19:43 »
Hi Wendy

I am enjoying the programme , that is a couple of impressive fish , well done.

:z18

Jim

wendy

« Reply #57 on: 21/01/2007 at 16:00 »
yes i got them both from the canal in the same day! it was excellent :grin:

I fish all over the place, yesterday i drove from manchester to Aldershot to fish at Gold Valley Lakes it was a very difficult day's fishing but i still enjoyed every minute.

i entered a raffle whilst i was there and won myself..... a FLY ROD!!! :lol:  i was very impressed. so i will now try to catch predators on the fly i will get myself a fly tying kit with some instructions i think. It will certainly be a new challenge for me. :z4

Derek 365

« Reply #58 on: 21/01/2007 at 18:30 »
Hey Wendy,

Catching fish on your own flies is a really buzz and it's not THAT difficult to tie as long as you get physical instruction on the basics and not from a book , it's not quite the same.I love the flyfishing ideals and would love to fish for other species other than trout , maybe one days i'll venture to the coast for some pollock or coalies.

wendy

« Reply #59 on: 21/01/2007 at 18:38 »
Derek we learnt to tie a fly on the programme but only once it looked very easy we made a daddy long leg... well i got to make the legs hahah.

and yes i'd bet it is a buzz catching on your own fly!

But i'd need a book to know what the flies look like in the first place

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com