Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

New fishing programme for TV
« Reply #30 on: 16/01/2007 at 18:08 »
Don't forget ( like I usually do ) it is on the telly again on STV at 7.30 tonight  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #31 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:02 »
Much better.

I really enjoyed this one.And they remembered the specs (most of the time)

Sandy :grin:

Jim Eddie

Bugger
« Reply #32 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:02 »
Saw this post to late, missed it. was it any good ?

Cheers

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:27 »
Yes, I enjoyed it too, a bit like going along the learning curve with the anglers ......... great stuff  :cool:

Mike
 :z2

Jay Scott

« Reply #34 on: 16/01/2007 at 21:00 »
Very good show, but it seemed to pass so quickly  :sad: , overall very well done this week, and they also showed you how to do a dropper, very handy.

Jay

stickleback

« Reply #35 on: 16/01/2007 at 22:01 »
Yep, I enjoyed it too.  I'm especially looking forward to next week when they're on the river.

Ian Brown

Great program
« Reply #36 on: 17/01/2007 at 07:50 »
I think this is one of the best programs so far - 400% better than trout and about . I am looking forward to the rest of the series the trainees are doing well I just wish they would try different flys when they are not catching instead of perservering with the same one but I am sure they will twig it in the end.
         The program seems too short simply because it is interesting and the scenery and solitude is stunning it is a refreshing change.

:z4

Ian

Barry Robertson

Why cant it be on for an hour
« Reply #37 on: 17/01/2007 at 09:11 »
Enjoying the show but still cant get my head round why they had to choose  Nick to do the show. Might of been more enjoyable if the presenter was a decent fisher and had some tricks we could learn from him.

Iam offshore just now so iam allowed a moan  :grin:

King Monkey

« Reply #38 on: 17/01/2007 at 13:32 »
Ach,missed it. :z6

Shame it's not repeated.

Is it?

Irvine Ross

« Reply #39 on: 17/01/2007 at 17:46 »
Hmmm!

"Always wet your hands before handling a live fish that's to be retuned" says the ghillie in one boat, quite rightly.
Ten seconds later the ghillie in the other boat unhooks a trout and hands it to the angler who has not wet his hands.
The ghillies wear self inflating life jackets in the boats, the anglers wear none. And they are fishing catch and release but, by the look of the time it takes to unhook a fish, they have not flattened the barb.
Bit of inconsistency there. Hope it gets better.

Irvine

spencie

« Reply #40 on: 17/01/2007 at 18:46 »
Missed the first program but managed to catch last nights one. Certainly double standards with the handling of the fish! Still it's better than trout and about!!!!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #41 on: 17/01/2007 at 20:27 »
Irvine

I thought it was the ghillies who weren't wearing life jackets (no specs either).
I would have thought the "stars" would have to for insurance purposes.

Still it wasn't bad

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #42 on: 18/01/2007 at 09:00 »
I think the programme is great fun, it's a bit like going along with these folk on their adventure. I find this far more interesting to watch than a "how to" or a "trophy location" type set up.  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

wendy

« Reply #43 on: 18/01/2007 at 09:09 »
Hi everyone i'm glad your enjoying the show :grin:  and there is plenty more to come i have posted a link here for people who didn't get to see tues programme..

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5060335094956352817&hl=en-GB

just copy and paste

wendy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #44 on: 18/01/2007 at 09:38 »
Oh, you are "the Wendy"! .......... GREAT to have you visiting the forum.

I am really enjoying the show, you are coming across as being very very keen, which is just magic to watch, well done!

Thanks for the link, I'm sure the members will appreciate it and if you would like to add any further links throughout the series, please do.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com