Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wildfisher

New fishing programme for TV
« Reply #120 on: 03/03/2007 at 15:55 »
Superscot  (Colin) from the wild fishing forum put it on line. You can view it at :

Link http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-9158880083684829274&hl=en-GB

Derek 365

« Reply #121 on: 07/03/2007 at 13:41 »
As the football was on ITV last night 'Fishing School is returns on Monday 12th at 8 o'clock.

Mike Barrio

Is it ....... Was it ....... Monday or Tuesday today?
« Reply #122 on: 12/03/2007 at 23:38 »
I don't know ...... what a "funny" day I've had today  :z8

All sorts of stuff went wrong and that includes a fair bit of website down time this evening  :cry:

Luckily I have Mrs B to look after me and she noticed that the Fishing School was on the telly tonight instead of tomorrow ...... so I didn't miss it  :cool:

The "pupils" travelled down to Tarvie Loch near Inverness for some rainbow fishing and seemed to enjoy themselves in the boats ........ didn't see Wendy catch anything though  :z7

Must have felt a bit different pushing out cat's whiskers instead of the "proper flies" that they had been using so far in the series. They coped well though and most were rewarded with fish. They also had a go with sink tip lines which probably felt "interesting" after the floaters.

Enjoyed the show
Best wishes
Mike

PS: I just noticed that Derek had spotted the change to Monday in his post above.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #123 on: 20/03/2007 at 20:23 »
Well, great programme tonight, I really enjoyed it and found myself wanting to be there.

Nice to see Wendy catching a fish and finding out that she likes running water  :wink:

Great stuff
Mike Barrio

Hamish Young

« Reply #124 on: 20/03/2007 at 20:27 »
Tonights programme must have been good - as soon as it finished my boss was on the 'phone asking for some fly fishing lessons and a fishing trip  :wink:

I still can't make my mind up if this is a good or a bad thing  :lol:

sharpie

« Reply #125 on: 20/03/2007 at 21:51 »
anyone got a link for tonights episode? i was decorating and missed it  :mad:

Jim Eddie

Fishing School
« Reply #126 on: 21/03/2007 at 20:42 »
Aye , well done Wendy for walking in to those Lochs , great stuff  :grin:

:z18  

Jim

wildfisher

« Reply #127 on: 22/03/2007 at 12:10 »
Chaps,

Here is a  link  to this weeks prog.  Generously  provided by  "Superscot" on the  wild fishing forum. I don’t think that Colin will  have posted it on the Fish and Fly forum as he normally does, because of the shit he got from one ignoramus.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6872994289954365960&hl=en-GB

Have not been too enamoured with this series I have to say, but this weeks prog. was very good. You can tell that the party who hiked into the hills enjoyed the experience and, cliches aside,  surely  that is what it is all about.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #128 on: 22/03/2007 at 23:51 »
Hi Fred

Thanks for the link and thanks to "Scotfly"

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #129 on: 28/03/2007 at 21:29 »
Hi folks

Well .......... I saw most of the series and I have enjoyed watching it  :z16

Some weeks were perhaps better than others, but wasn't it just grand to see some fly fishing on the tv.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Hamish Young

« Reply #130 on: 28/03/2007 at 22:50 »
Quote from: "Mike Barrio"
..but wasn't it just grand to see some fly fishing on the tv.

Indeed it was  :wink:  Nice to think that the programme will encourage more folk into the sport  :z16

Where is our very own Wendy these days :?:

wendy

« Reply #131 on: 01/04/2007 at 21:36 »
Hi guys sorry not posted for a while i have been extremly busy catching fish :grin:  :grin: I was also busy at the NEC on a fishing simulator!

I've been doing a challenge i set for myslef at the beginning of the year, and that challenge is to catch 8 specimen fish. I have achieved 4 of them up to now in the Rivers and canals. this month (next wed's TCF magazine) i have won Angler of the month and £300 worth of tackle!

I've also been asked to write for a brand new Angling magazine called Northern Angling Today, so i was busy writing my first article for that., which comes out in May.Then i have been on Talksport radio with Keith Arthur yesterday, and finally i have been asked to be the lady representative of NUBA (National Union British Anglers) So guys all in all i have been pretty hetic!

Has the show finished now?

Hamish Young

« Reply #132 on: 01/04/2007 at 22:00 »
Aye - last one aired almost a week ago  :cry:

wendy

« Reply #133 on: 01/04/2007 at 22:03 »
I wonder when it will be screened on the Discovery channel Hamish?

I have it all on DVD what STV sent to me i have watched it all once or twice now and thought " i wished i'd never done that"  :lol:  :lol:

Hamish Young

« Reply #134 on: 01/04/2007 at 22:09 »
I dunno  :z8  I'm just getting to grips with digital boxes.... Sky is a mystery to me  :wink:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com