Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

New fishing programme for TV
« Reply #105 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:02 »
Awwwwwwwe :cry:

Have to confess had a good laugh tonight :lol:  :lol:

Great show, must sympathise Wendy though, Cramp is my bugbear when in the tube.
How did you find it?
I love fishing from the tube even if the sight of me pirroetting around with the flippers in the air every so often, is ridiculous.

All good fun

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #106 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:03 »
Leaking waders can't have helped  :mad:
Nice to see some fly tying being done  :wink:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #107 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:12 »
Yeah!

Leaky waders seem to have been a feature of lots of peoples 2006 :cry:

never mind i least we learned the secret about painting your toes to catch fish, i guess thats why Hamish always keeps his boots on. :lol:

:z4  :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #108 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:17 »
Quote from: "spiderman"
.... i guess thats why Hamish always keeps his boots on. :lol:  :z4  :z4

No... that's to keep the smell in  :shock:
I stopped applying varish to my toe nails when my girth 'matured' a little :z4  :z9

Jay Scott

« Reply #109 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:24 »
I really enjoyed tonights show one of the best so far and nice to see people wetting their hands before handling the fish. Can anyone tell me, what was the stuff thay used for tying the daddy long legs body?

Thanks, Jay

Hamish Young

Raffia
« Reply #110 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:30 »
Raffia (which they used for the body on the daddy) is a relatively soft but hard wearing natural fibre commonly used in various crafts including basket and mat making  :idea:
Raffia was quite commonly used in the 'revolution' of imitative stillwater fly tying of the late '70s (sinfoils fry fly for example). Plain raffia fibres can be commonly found in good garden centres but for fly tying it comes in loads of colours but is pretty unfashionable these days - synthetics have taken over  :roll:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #111 on: 13/02/2007 at 20:52 »
Yes, great stuff once again  :z16

Best wishes
Mike
 :z2

wendy

« Reply #112 on: 14/02/2007 at 08:13 »
hahahaha glad you all had a good laugh!! I was wet up to my chest and they thought i was telling lies!

I get knocked down but i get up again and again and again!!!!! :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I loved the float tube for getting to places that you would never get to from the bank.

Ian Brown

Nick Hancocks Tongue
« Reply #113 on: 14/02/2007 at 12:57 »
Has anyone noticed when Nick is playing a fish his tongue goes mad licking his lips it's almost as if he can taste it cooked. The only side effect I get when fighting Mikes hard fighting fish is a bloody sore arm and an increased heartrate. :grin:
I thought it was a bit cruel for them not to give wendy a tow back to the shore especially later on when she wrung out her socks :cry:  i hope they bought her a "wee doch an doris afore she ganged awa"

cheers,
ian

wendy

« Reply #114 on: 15/02/2007 at 07:16 »
they did look after me when they got me to the jeeps, they wrapped me up and gave me lots of hot drinks!

here's the link to Tues show incase you missed it.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3208434528779261044

Barry Robertson

« Reply #115 on: 21/02/2007 at 17:10 »
Anyone have any ideas where the link for last night show is or is the programme finished now.

Thanks.

Derek 365

« Reply #116 on: 21/02/2007 at 18:02 »
I guess because the footie was on it seams to have be postponed but it's on next week according the my sky menu

wendy

« Reply #117 on: 22/02/2007 at 16:47 »
Guys i think there is 4 series left, i'm not sure, it's a 10 week programme.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #118 on: 03/03/2007 at 01:28 »
Did anybody see it this week? Where were they fishing? ........ I missed it I'm afraid  :cry:

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

It was OK
« Reply #119 on: 03/03/2007 at 08:45 »
I 'caught' it  :z4
The party split up and 2 went hill loch fishing proper with Jon and the others on more accesible lochs - brought back memories of the Scourie hill lochs when me and my father fished there some 25 years ago  :shock:  Jings, I must be getting old  :z6
To be honest whilst it was nice enough to watch it was a slightly dull episode although seeing Jon and chums making a brew with a Kelly Kettle was interesting.
I think they're off to a stocked fishery in the next episode.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com