Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Outcast Competition Line
« Reply #75 on: 14/05/2010 at 18:47 »
The new Outcast lines are proving very popular, both on the water and on grass and I'm posting them all over the world!

Paul Rankine's original calling of the line "the competition line" was uncanny, as they are proving very popular with boat anglers across the country. The feedback I'm getting is that the line control of the Outcast in the air is making life so much easier in a boat and allowing anglers to cover fish well and with good presentation in all conditions.

I am currently sold out of WF6F and WF8F I'm afraid, but more stock should arrive towards the end of next week. I have also ordered a shorter WF3F and WF4F 90 ft version and I think these will make excellent lines!

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

stromquist

« Reply #76 on: 18/05/2010 at 13:55 »
Just wanted to say that the Outcast #6 landed in my mailbox today. Excellent quick service and a nice message from Mike  :z16 I will put it on one of the spools on my Demon 5000 tonight and hopefully try it out on Saturday.

The so called Kiruna gang in Sweden (Looong distance casters) seem to really like this line. "Best bang for the buck was one opinion". I'm really excited and eager to see what i can do with it.

Thanks
Uffe

Mike Barrio

« Reply #77 on: 18/05/2010 at 13:59 »
Hi Uffe
Welcome to the forum :z16

I hope you like the line and have lots of fun with it.

"Best bang for the buck" ..... I like it, nice one! :z4

Best wishes
Mike

stromquist

« Reply #78 on: 20/05/2010 at 09:22 »
Thank you!

Seems as if i will have to shorten it a wee bit actually  :cry

I ended up have maybe 2 meters of backing left on the spool, just to have something to connect the fly line with, and it still fills up to the point it touches the reel when all the line is in. I will probably cut away 7,5 meters and make it a 35 meter line instead. I'll don't cast that long anyway (yet)  :z7, so it's a non issue really.

It looks great and feels slick alright.
Will be fun to compare it to my current Sameo Python longbelly which i really like too. It has a 16,5 meter head.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #79 on: 20/05/2010 at 10:35 »
Mike,
I have to say I really liked the Outcast from the tube.  I managed some quite respectable "switch" casts to get flies out when casting from close to the bank and I found the rod loaded nicely at shorter ranges but allowed me to shoot line if I needed to cover a fish further out. There was also none of the "right arm extended, thrashing away" to stop the line hitting the water on the back cast when sat so low in the water.

I think it would work really well on my light saltwater set up (7 weight)..so will be buying a 7 or 8 weight for that soon :) Do you have a "demo" line of that size to try with the rod?

Cheers
Rob

Mike Barrio

« Reply #80 on: 20/05/2010 at 11:23 »
Hi Rob

Great stuff :z16

Yes, I have all the weights on demo spools at the fishery and the new additions to the range of a 90 ft WF3F and WF4F Outcast should arrive soon too.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #81 on: 20/05/2010 at 11:27 »
Hi Uffe

At 140 ft it is a long line. You have approx 50 ft of running line at the back, so yes, cut the line to a length that suits your personal needs.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #82 on: 21/05/2010 at 18:34 »
Hi folks :cool:

I've been receiving more and more great feedback for the Outcast lines this month, with a good number of folk achieving their personal best distance casts with the line ......... Ulrik Röijezon from Sweden being the latest, recording a cast of over 42 meters with an Outcast WF7F fly line :cool:

Simply awesome :shock
Best wishes
Mike

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #83 on: 18/06/2010 at 21:30 »
Hi stromquist!

The so called Kiruna gang in Sweden (Looong distance casters) seem to really like this line. "Best bang for the buck was one opinion".

The Kiruna group? If there is such a group please tell them to get in touch with us in Piteå for an exchange. info@flycasting.se

When I moved away from that region of Sweden the only length they where concerned about was how long a net could be to be able to transport and lay it from a boat without tangling it when you are totally dead pissed.   :z7

Best regards
Stefan

« Reply #84 on: 23/06/2010 at 13:44 »
Hi folks :cool:

I've been receiving more and more great feedback for the Outcast lines this month, with a good number of folk achieving their personal best distance casts with the line ......... Ulrik Röijezon from Sweden being the latest, recording a cast of over 42 meters with an Outcast WF7F fly line :cool:

Simply awesome :shock
Best wishes
Mike
Hi Mike! I just want to congratulate You and other guys being involved with designing THE LINE, it´s just fantastic. I was facing with my certification to FFF CCI for about three weeks ago. I had several lines to choose, some of them costing 3 times more than Outcast. You will be tested for accuracy, You have to cast nice loops with short and long casts, rollcast as well, everything so You really need a versatile line and that is why I choosed Outcast, feeling great confidence with the line. And I managed it.
Esa

Mike Barrio

Hi Esa
Welcome to the forum :z16

Congratulations for passing your FFF CCI casting instructors certification, excellent stuff, well done! ....... You and Ulrik were the first folk to use the new line for certification, so that's great news!

The "Barrio Outcast fly line" is now called the "Barrio GT140 fly line" due to a trade mark issue Esa.

I am also working on a new additional line which will be called the "Barrio GT140S" ....... coming soon :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Heritage

Oh Yeah? what does the S stand for?

Mike

Rob Brownfield

Oh Yeah? what does the S stand for?

Mike

Could it be "Sinking" ;)

Mike Barrio

I hope to have the new GT140S, the orange version of the GT140, in stock at some stage next week. This will also be available in WF3F to WF8F.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

I hope to have the new GT140S, the orange version of the GT140, in stock at some stage next week. This will also be available in WF3F to WF8F.

Best wishes
Mike

They have arrived ..... cool :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com