Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Outcast Fly Lines ( now in stock )
« Reply #60 on: 06/01/2010 at 09:47 »
Hi folks :cool:

Forum members had the opportunity to get the first of the new Barrio Outcast fly lines just before Christmas.

The new fly lines are now available online and can be ordered from the "Fly Line Shop" by following the link in the forum menu at the top of the page :wink  http://www.flylineshop.com/

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

Re: Barrio Competition Line
« Reply #61 on: 06/01/2010 at 18:30 »
Was playing with mine today, consistently goes further than the SA Mastery Expert Distance.  Can carry more of the Outcast and it turns over better at range.  Nice piece of kit  :z16

Ben

Mike Heritage

« Reply #62 on: 27/02/2010 at 13:31 »
I have just put the 5,6 and 7's on reels but I don't think I will get the chance to cast them until the Spring Show next weekend. The BFCC are holding their first event of the year there. We will also be giving casting lessons so if you are there pop over and say hello.

Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #63 on: 27/02/2010 at 13:40 »
Hi Mike :z16

Great stuff ...... still too much ice and snow up here to be fun out on the grass :z6

Cheers
Mike

Check out the British Fly Casting Club website folks http://www.thebfcc.co.uk/

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Outcast Competition Line
« Reply #64 on: 28/02/2010 at 13:25 »
This is going to be a fun year for me, with some really cool projects coming together!

The new Outcast fly line is selling well and I'm posting them all over the world, 140 ft long might seem a bit extreme for many anglers, you have 52 ft of running line on the back, if this is too much for your reel just cut this back to whatever length suits you, but there are plenty of adrenalin distance casters out there who will will enjoy the challenge of reaching the backing on the full length line :shock

The Outcast #5 fly rods are being built as I write and these are truly exceptional, rolled and built by David Norwich in Scotland, they are an awesome product to add to the Barrio range!

And there are more new exciting products to come this season ....... watch this space! :z13

Best wishes
Mike

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #65 on: 18/03/2010 at 23:15 »
Hi Mike!

Thought you like to know that we are hitting murder casts with the Outcast.  :cool:

We are still learning to use it fully. It has a crazy potential for shooting from very long carries and we have a few magnificent carry-casters in our club. It is very physical casting but we are getting there since we taken the step even more into sports since a while back. Yeah, that means we train alot of things besides casting now.  

We have made two casts measured INDOORS over 39 meters with the 5wt on a 6 wt TCX. That is only decimeters from our outdoor record in perfect conditions with the ED5. The Outcast 5 will go over 40 meters for at least three of us. It might even happen tomorrow but I think it is just a matter of becoming spring here so we can cast outdoors.

The guys in the club are also more than happy with your friendly customer service. I just tell them that´s Mike for you.

Thanks!

Best Regards
Stefan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #66 on: 19/03/2010 at 01:42 »
Hi Stefan
Thanks for the great feedback, "a crazy potential" ..... I like that :z16

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun, I can't wait to see how you get on once you get outside again. Casting over 39 metres indoors, that's awesome! :shock

I'm looking forward to casting with you in May!
Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #67 on: 18/04/2010 at 00:54 »
Hi folks ......... Barrio Outcast fly line review from the May edition of Fly Fishing & Fly Tying Magazine :cool:

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #68 on: 28/04/2010 at 10:53 »
here's a special pic for Mike.
Monsieur Bruce Richards trying out the Outcast 6wt line at the EWF Fly Fair last weekend near Munich.
several other top-notch casters from around the world tried it out as well and all commented favorably on the lines performance and found great potential in its design. (even those working for other line companies  :wink )
i agree with them.

cheers,
marc

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #69 on: 28/04/2010 at 15:43 »
Now that's really cool :cool:

cheers Marc , what's Bruce like?

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #70 on: 28/04/2010 at 20:52 »
Hi Marc :z16
Wow! ..... a photo of Bruce Richards casting one of my fly lines, it doesn't get much cooler than that! :z12

Thanks for posting the photo!
Best wishes
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #71 on: 29/04/2010 at 11:26 »
glad you liked it  :z18

Sandy, Bruce is as nice a guy as can be. will you be at the Gathering ?

cheers,
marc

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #72 on: 29/04/2010 at 15:48 »
will you be at the Gathering ?

I wish I could  :roll I'm afraid I'm not back in the uk
until mid July
still, I got fishing with a fellow looper in OZ so that kinda helps make
up for it a little.
Not sure when I'm likely to make a gathering, unless it's in the antipodes :cool:

hope you all have a great time though :z18

sandy

Iain Cameron

« Reply #73 on: 01/05/2010 at 08:16 »
hi mike

my new outcast line arrived yesterday, the day after placing the order - super service, even comes with a hand-written note, a nice touch. looking forward to fitting it and flinging it!
cheers
iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #74 on: 02/05/2010 at 23:58 »
Iain,
your Helios is going to love that line! Never thought I would see you with a distance line :).

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com