Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Barrio Competition Line
« Reply #45 on: 08/10/2009 at 22:28 »
Hi Rob!

Is there any research going on on the lead side?

Well, Hardy/Greys have just brought out several new ultra long distance rods and claim to have spent millions in research, using high speed filming etc. The research I know of is from the company side of things, in a very very competitive market rather than from the physics side of things.

Thanks for the reply.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #46 on: 08/10/2009 at 22:35 »
Rob,

The bouncing of the line on the back cast is intentional and does actually give more line speed.  

Ben, you explained that the first time i watched you :), however, standing to the side and watching, it looks like the line "bulks up" and almost stalls in the air. All rather facinating though!!

And no, wont be at the outcasts, I think I am away at Lossimouth on pre-deployment training again...anything to get more medals than Captain Mainwaring ;)

If you know of any good fishing in Afghanistan, let me know! Are there any Orvis guides out there?..lol

Hamish Young

« Reply #47 on: 12/10/2009 at 19:08 »
Had a further play with the new line today..... interesting  :cool:

Ben kindly let me have a play with the line on his Helios 9ft #5wt but I have to say I'd be intrigued to try the line on a TCR.
Again, Ben says he's got a TCR... commonly considered as a benchmark rod.... but it's away being re-ringed at the moment.

Will be a meaningful combination I'm sure  :cool: Perhaps it'll be back with him in time for the 'Outcasts' gathering next month :?

What do you think Rob  :? :wink

Hamish  :z3

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #48 on: 13/10/2009 at 14:02 »
What do you think Rob  :? :wink

Hamish  :z3

If he had not specified the most difficult ring in the world to order, then he would have had it back ages ago!..lol.

Going to be putting in an order tomorrow..so will try one more time, if not, its geting 2 stripping guides instead of one!

Mike Barrio

Barrio Outcast Fly Lines ( Now the 'Barrio GT140' )
« Reply #49 on: 22/12/2009 at 15:47 »
Hi folks :cool:

I have received a small stock of my new Outcast fly lines today ( Barrio Competition Line ) and the main bulk order will follow in January.

Today's delivery included WF5F, WF6F and WF7F fly lines.

I do not feel that I have enough stock to go live on the main website with online sales, as I would not be able to cope with high volume orders :z6 ............. so, if you would like to order one of the first Barrio Outcasts please send me a PM and I can sell the ones that I have in stock on a "first come first served" basis to forum members.

The Outcasts are available at £24 each, with the usual Barrio service of free worldwide postage  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

( Update Jan 22nd )
WF5F ........ in stock
WF6F ........ in stock
WF7F ........ in stock

Iain Goolager

Barrio Outcast Fly Lines ( now in stock )
« Reply #50 on: 22/12/2009 at 16:04 »
Hi Mike,

Save me a 6wt.

Iain

I'll collect as soon as I can

Mike Barrio

Barrio Outcast Fly Lines ( now in stock )
« Reply #51 on: 22/12/2009 at 16:24 »
Hi Mike,

Save me a 6wt.

Iain

I'll collect as soon as I can

Hi Iain :cool:

Will do thanks :z16

If you send me a PM, I can direct you to a temp online sales page for payment and either post it to you, or you can collect the line if you like?

Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

Re: Barrio Outcast Fly Lines ( now in stock )
« Reply #52 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:28 »
Ooh i am excited!
Been looking forward to getting my hands on a decent floater for a while now  :z4
Pm on the way Mike  :z18
Did i actullay write a nice comment in the casting section :wink
Tight lines,
Baz  :z13

Jim Eddie

« Reply #53 on: 23/12/2009 at 20:06 »
Mike

Stick a WF5 aside for me, Ill get it next time I'm out , If this weather ever improves. I can empathise with those old timers in the Yukon who would get cabin fever in the winter and shoot their mates  :mad seems reasonable to me  :z4

:z18

Jim    

Mike Barrio

« Reply #54 on: 23/12/2009 at 22:22 »
Mike

Stick a WF5 aside for me, Ill get it next time I'm out , If this weather ever improves. I can empathise with those old timers in the Yukon who would get cabin fever in the winter and shoot their mates  :mad seems reasonable to me  :z4

:z18

Jim    

Hi Jim :z16

Yes, of course, I'll put one aside for you :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Doyle

« Reply #55 on: 24/12/2009 at 09:00 »
Right mike may I reserve a six wt .   will try and get up and see you in the next few weeks or so.  jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #56 on: 24/12/2009 at 09:11 »
Right mike may I reserve a six wt .   will try and get up and see you in the next few weeks or so.  jim

Hi Jim :z16

Yes, that's fine thanks, I have sent you a PM message.

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #57 on: 24/12/2009 at 20:55 »
Line arrived today Mike  :z16 - don't know when I'll get it out as I've a 10 wt that needs cutting and a 2wt screaming for a cold weather outing.

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #58 on: 24/12/2009 at 22:01 »
Line arrived today Mike  :z16 - don't know when I'll get it out as I've a 10 wt that needs cutting and a 2wt screaming for a cold weather outing.

Iain

Great stuff Iain ........ Well done the postie :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #59 on: 29/12/2009 at 11:03 »
Got home last night to find my new line had arrived, thanks again  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com