Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to September 7th )
« on: 07/09/2009 at 18:16 »
Hi folks :cool:

Well, not much fishing to report I'm afraid as the fishery has been closed since Friday ..... Haddo didn't escape the showers and was positively brown after all the rain at the end of last week :z6

I have certainly got off lightly and "cunning plans" that have been devised over the years have been worth their weight in gold, keeping the damage to the minimum and the fish in the loch :wink

But the water coloured up badly and I made the decision to close for a few days until it clears up :z3

The fish were feeding on the surface well today, but the water is still pretty coloured, so I think I'll open for fishing again on Wednesday morning. I expect that the water will still be quite brown then, but it will be better for the trout if I'm patient and I don't like taking folks' money if I feel the loch is not going to be on form.

I watched the ospreys take two trout today, awesome ..... they certainly had no problem seeing the fish :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Hmmm, not too bad, just a wee bit of water coming over the bank

It certainly coloured the water

Yes .... that is brown!

Don't you just love solar power! :z3

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to September 7th )
« Reply #1 on: 08/09/2009 at 17:40 »
Hi folks :cool:

I'm much happier with the water conditions today and the fish have been feeding on the surface again all day ....... So Haddo will be open for fishing tomorrow morning :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com