Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Lintrathen 02-09-09
« on: 02/09/2009 at 19:55 »
Well back up to my favourite water again and what a day it was to be.
Weather was spot on all day with a wee breeze and a slight chop at times and plenty of cloud cover.  Plenty wildlife on show also as we saw a few deer and a couple of ospreys.
Started off with a midge tip blobs and cormorants and must of had 10 bows in the boat by lunch time  8O
All the bows were in tip top condition and had a cracker around 3 1/2 lbs which went like a train  :D
After my bite for lunch i decided to throw on the floater and a team of wets and a muddler to pull over all the rising browns that were showing.
Quite new to tying wets and was well chuffed when i caught a few on my own patterns which really made my day.
£45 for the boat for 2 people and 10 fish seams great value for money on a top water like this, highly recomend it just now.

The deer is in the trees  :wink

Tightlines
Baz,

Jim Eddie

Re: Lintrathen 02-09-09
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2009 at 20:46 »
Baz

The deer must be hiding behind the tree in the 1st picture  :wink

Nice fish though  :z16

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/2009 at 20:56 »
Good stuff. Hatch of orange blobs I see :z4 Is that a stocked brownie if so its a lovely looking stockie?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/2009 at 21:02 »
Good stuff. Hatch of orange blobs I see :z4 Is that a stocked brownie if so its a lovely looking stockie?

Some were stocked but most are wild!
This one fought like a wildie!
The place is moving with browns the now  :shock
Floater , bibio muddler and some wets and pull!
Fish galore  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/09/2009 at 23:06 »
Nice photos Baz :z16

Thanks for sharing
Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com