Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Camoflague - whats the point?
« Reply #15 on: 04/01/2007 at 17:19 »
So, what camouflage would you have needed today? I guess any sudden movement on the banks would have appeared quite normal ....... what with branches flying past etc etc in the wind.  :z4

Which reminds me ......... I saw one of the kingfishers flying along the burn again yesterday ..... beautiful bright colours  :cool:

Also watched a Matt Hayes piece on the telly last night, the one where he and Mick are fishing for huge barbel (on the Ouse?) He explained why he was using camo gear to keep hidden from the fickle fish ........ yet he was wearing a white cap that fairly stood out?

Best wishes
Mike

Jay Scott

« Reply #16 on: 04/01/2007 at 18:20 »
He he..
I never really enjoyed any of Matt Hayes' programs i always thought of them as a bit dull and lacked a source of adventure.

Jay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 10/01/2007 at 19:28 »
I knew this was going to lead to no good  :z6

I bought myself a nice new camo fleece the other day ........ which I've put down somewhere and now I can't find it  :cry:  :z4  :cry:  :z4

Bring back bright orange!  :wink:

Cheers
Mike

postie

« Reply #18 on: 13/01/2007 at 14:40 »
I thought it would help to blend in.but one day i was at Lochter and there was a guy fishing with a orange fluorescent jacket and he was reeling them in and nobody else around him was.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 14/01/2007 at 21:22 »
Mike,

Thats rather close to the truth.

When I was in the Gordons/Highlanders, a lot of the lads would buy camo wallets or even camo phones....

BIG mistake out on exercise...lol....

There must be thousands of pounds laying around in camo wallets out on the hills around Inverness and Stonehaven ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com