There are some seriouslly bad hats going on there

I'm sure I seen Arf in there somewhere!  :z4

Nice Trout though

Iain

Hamish Young

Re: A few Ferox
« Reply #4 on: 14/08/2009 at 08:51 »
Some interesting shots in amongst that lot  :z16
I'm off in pursuit of a ferox or two...perhaps... if we get lucky :! with soundmixer  :z1 (yes, he is alive  :wink) next weekend at our preferred venue in Sutherland. Was tempted to make up a downrigger (handy for ferox) but trolling is only part of the armoury.... I have some BIG prototype flies and a version of the Northampton 'rudder method' I want to try out first. Similar tactic has worked for me in the past on Loch Shiel and I'm itching to give it a try now I've got the superfast sinking fly lines to do it with (Rio).
Should prove to be an interesting day  :cool:
Looking forward to it, haven't been back to Shin for 4 years  :cry

Hamish  :z3

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #5 on: 14/08/2009 at 10:17 »
Some interesting shots in amongst that lot  :z16
I'm off in pursuit of a ferox or two...perhaps... if we get lucky :! with soundmixer  :z1 (yes, he is alive  :wink) next weekend at our preferred venue in Sutherland. Was tempted to make up a downrigger (handy for ferox) but trolling is only part of the armoury.... I have some BIG prototype flies and a version of the Northampton 'rudder method' I want to try out first. Similar tactic has worked for me in the past on Loch Shiel and I'm itching to give it a try now I've got the superfast sinking fly lines to do it with (Rio).
Should prove to be an interesting day  :cool:
Looking forward to it, haven't been back to Shin for 4 years  :cry

Hamish  :z3

Sounds GREAT, I've always wanted a shot at a Ferox you'll have to let me know next time and I'll make the treck up north for the day.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 14/08/2009 at 13:44 »
Should prove to be an interesting day  :cool:

Have you read John Baileys book on Ferox...facinating.

He was catching them on livebaits (before the ban) in relatively shallow water, and on the fly. Mostly Rannoch. Have a word with Scotty Park...he has had one or two over the years on the fly ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com