Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Menteith Today
« on: 02/08/2009 at 22:09 »
Evening All,

Fished Menteith again today with forum member Viva Eccose and a had great day out.
Both of us managed a good few fish  :wink and the quality of the fish were among the best we have seen this season so far!
I have been down a few times since the problems earlier this year with the big mass of dead fish thingy and must say they have done a braw job of getting it back up and fishing great again.
We managed fish on all sorts of set ups today from midge tips to fast intermediates, the water was choppy most of the day but we found shelter in a few differant bays to give us a break every now and again.
Flies were varied and fish were taken on snatchers,boobys,diawl bachs,cormorants and the odd blob  :wink
Highly recomend this place at the moment for a day out and its just a shame its such a trek to get too  :z6

vivaecosse

Re: Menteith Today
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2009 at 22:18 »
good day oot min,enjoyed the day as usual,some better than average fish too wich is nice to see,10 bows for the boat and a good few dropped for the day,canny be bad,snatchtastic :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 02/08/2009 at 22:28 »
Well done, guys? - I've noticed that there's never a photo with Viva Ecosse in it so am I correct in thinking that Baz is also Mr Ecosse as I doubt anyone would go fishing with him more than once anyway! :z8

Only jesting
Iain

vivaecosse

« Reply #3 on: 02/08/2009 at 22:37 »
lol,very good,you dont really want my ugly mug cluttering the site do  ya??pics to follow,its been a long day fellas :z15 :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com