Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Damsels
« on: 21/07/2009 at 23:14 »
Not much of a damsel fisher but noticed Mr doyle had some lying around today and thought i better get some ready just in case  :wink
Rustled up this little slim hot headed bad boy but not sure if the fish will take to it or not!
Will give it a swim tomorrow night and find out  :z4

Mike Barrio

Re: Damsels
« Reply #1 on: 21/07/2009 at 23:46 »
Nice one Baz ...... will work well on a size 12 :wink

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 22/07/2009 at 07:04 »
I can vouch for Mr Doyle,s damsels, deadly. Yours looks good to me. :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 22/07/2009 at 19:09 »
I can vouch for Mr Doyle,s damsels, deadly.

Maybe so Noel but I'd doubt if you could find anyone that could vouch for Mr Doyle. :z4

Although I don't fish damsels very often & when I do I'm more of your standard traditional, boring Olive type of bloke BUT it's a very nice tying, nice one!

Iain

lenap

« Reply #4 on: 24/08/2009 at 15:55 »
nice tye, i live in the states, northeast, and that fly is a real smallmouth bass killer. i usually flatten out the barb to make catch and release easier with less fish stress. i use a lot of colored marking pens along with synthetic dubbing blending on the body.after tying in the marabou tail and tying in the dyed grizzly hackle for over wind,i use a ( tying loop ) to contain my synthetic dub and marabou mix, twist this into a chenille like heavy thread, then just before winding it on, go over the hook base with lite super glue, as you wind on your body its binding to the glue and hook. the result is bombproof flies. i also marker pen this fly to heighten its flash and look, comb out well with a gun cleaning brush ( short stiff bristles ) drop me a line if you would like as i have been tying this type of fly for years, and would enjoy sharing ideas with you, good luck and tight lines , pete

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 25/08/2009 at 03:43 »
Thanks for the kind words and the intresting ideas Pete!
Would be intrested in some of your patterns, some photos would be great  :wink

paavo

« Reply #6 on: 25/08/2009 at 08:20 »
Nice Damsel Baz. I’m sure it will work as a deadly perch killer here in Sweden.  :z16

//Harri

Jim Doyle

« Reply #7 on: 26/08/2009 at 21:52 »
Maybe so Noel but I'd doubt if you could find anyone that could vouch for Mr Doyle. :z4

Although I don't fish damsels very often & when I do I'm more of your standard traditional, boring Olive type of bloke BUT it's a very nice tying, nice one!

Iain
Thanks a lot Iain!! but I,ll have you know the nurse says I,m much better now and I might be allowed out on my own but only if I stay away from you reprobates. :z7 :z7 :z7 :z15 :z15 :z15 jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com