Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Montrose Fishing
« on: 21/07/2009 at 21:59 »
I got a gig at the links hotel on Sat and thought i might head there early set up geer and see if i could get some fishing in before i start, is there any local fisheries and any links/reports :?

Dave

Barry Robertson

Re: Montrose Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 21/07/2009 at 22:37 »
Hi Dave,
How long do you have to spare?
If you only have a couple of hours the only place really close would be the Mill of Criggie 10 mins away,
Carlogie is around 30 mins away and would probably fish the best as far as small waters go and you would be pretty much gauranteed to catch fish.
If you had say 6 hours i would be going to rescobie wich is 15 mins from montrose!
Let me know if you need any more info.
 :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 22/07/2009 at 18:29 »
Hi Baz,

prob only have bout 3 hours so i guess Criggie or Carlogie it would have to be whats the low down on them, why do you think Carlogie would fish best?

Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 22/07/2009 at 23:17 »
Hi Baz,

prob only have bout 3 hours so i guess Criggie or Carlogie it would have to be whats the low down on them, why do you think Carlogie would fish best?

Dave

Carlogie always produces fish and there is some monsters in it also, just a shame its a circular pond of about 2 acres plonked in the middle of a farmers field :z6
The mill is more scencic and normally all you need is a box of dries, its a bit weedy in places but a nice wee place to fish all the same  :z18
The way things are the now i would give mill of c a go , if you are going let me know and i will pop up for a blether and maybe even a cast :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 23/07/2009 at 18:37 »
if you are going let me know and i will pop up for a blether and maybe even a cast :z18

Will prob be Sat morning before i will make a decision as i got a gig to setup in Aberdeen first but don't know what time i can gain access, so it all depends on that one factor.

Dave

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 25/07/2009 at 09:50 »
Will be going to Mill of C will prob b around 2ish.

Dave

Peter McCallum

« Reply #6 on: 25/07/2009 at 09:57 »
Try wee shipmans they usually do the business

Dave Mundie

« Reply #7 on: 26/07/2009 at 22:16 »
Got there around 1.30 managed a bow within first 15 mins but that was it for rest of the day not even a touch. Wasn't much sign of fish moving but i must have seen at least a dozen eels don't know if thats a good or bad sign.

Baz nice to put a face to the name, how did you get on (and the others), did they start to rise after i left?

Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #8 on: 26/07/2009 at 23:17 »
None of the other had anything , i managed 4 on a G&H Sedge, not the best days fish i have ever had  :wink
Was at a comp at lintrathen tonight and that was fishing  :z7
Great sport to be had there  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com