Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

25lb 3ozs Carp
« on: 18/07/2009 at 10:37 »
Not too many minutes ago Zander Christie landed a beauty of a Carp weighing in at 25lbs 3ozs on the coarse loch.Pictures will be about as soon as I can get them over the next couple of days.This is the heaviest so far from this loch,is it the biggest,only time will tell.

Kevin Moss

Re: 25lb 3ozs Carp
« Reply #1 on: 18/07/2009 at 10:53 »
The lochs will be closed on sunday for anglers who are not fishing in the "Snowbee Challenge singles" but will open for all at 4.30pm after the competition.It doesnt effect the bait or coarse lochs they are open as normal.Competition starts at 9.30 and with the numbers attending please arrive early .

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2009 at 16:02 »
Well done Zander :)

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 20/07/2009 at 18:57 »
Zander ? I did not know you got them this far north  :z4

Just as well we dont have Zander check this out http://www.theprovince.com/health/Divers+kill+carnivorous+fish+after+Swiss+swimmers+terrorized/1786304/story.html

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 21/07/2009 at 14:50 »
What a pile of poo!!!! :(

Amazing fish to catch on the fly..and even Trout Fisherman have done an article on them this month,

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 21/07/2009 at 18:22 »
What a pile of poo!!!! :(

Amazing fish to catch on the fly..and even Trout Fisherman have done an article on them this month,

Whats the matter Rob , did I touch a raw nerve  :wink

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Fisheries/Salmon-Trout-Coarse/fishintros

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 23/07/2009 at 08:26 »
I was referring to the article...."Attack Zander"...

As for Zander...they are already in Scotland...all hush hush but they are here.

Not sure why you put the link up, especially as the "appropriate authority" where the idiots that introduced them in the first place... :mad

Wonderful fish, but the place they where introduced was perhaps the most inappropriate place in the whole of Scotland  :shock

Scottish record is an unofficial 7lbs 3oz taken about 2 years ago. British record is 19lb 5oz.

Paul Rankine

Scottish Zander
« Reply #7 on: 27/07/2009 at 13:32 »
Rob,

especially as the "appropriate authority" where the idiots that introduced them in the first place...

Please enlighten us.

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com