Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Drummond Loch
« on: 14/07/2009 at 20:08 »
Hi folks

I was fishing Drummond Loch today with my son David ( thanks for the details Jim :wink ). It's a beautiful loch and the boats etc are very well looked after ....... a credit to the Crieff Angling Club!

The water is quite shallow and was a tad murky, which is only to be expected in this area with the water temperatures as high as they are just now, but this did not spoil our day. Cracking surroundings for a day on the water, we had the loch to ourselves and we had Ospreys to watch all day too .... awesome!

I fished the surface and although I had a few swirls and knocks to Half Hogs and Bibios, I didn't get a hook up. David had a nice 3/4 pound brownie on a Pearl Dabbler and this of course, made my day!

If you visit the loch, take a drogue with you, I really missed having one today. For more details about Drummond ..... see www.crieffanglingclub.org.uk

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Drummond Loch
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2009 at 20:31 »
Glad you enjoyed it Mike , its probably a loch that fishes best early season.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 14/07/2009 at 21:33 »
86 acres and only a handful of boats - any tubing allowed?

Nice to see the youngsters leading the way!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 14/07/2009 at 21:40 »

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 16/07/2009 at 09:23 »
used to fish there in the 80s. gulp. used to be a lot of perch in it too, as well as some cracking brownies. I think (memory) it used to have some stocked rainbows too, but has reverted to browns only. great place though.

cheers
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com