Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wullie42

my new rod
« on: 08/09/2006 at 21:03 »
hiya

i have finally recieved my new rod building project and i am in the process of building it now. dont think i will have it finished before season close this year but will certainly be finished and ready for action next season  :grin:

Sandy Nelson

my new rod
« Reply #1 on: 09/09/2006 at 21:18 »
Wullie

Very cool, your own rod will feel much more special when you do it yourself.
If you need any tips just ask, after much practise i can just about turn out a decent rod these days, but i learned most things the hard way.So am more than happy to help with any sticky points. :grin:

Sandy

Mike Barrio

my new rod
« Reply #2 on: 09/09/2006 at 21:28 »
Hi "wullie42"

Great stuff ....... what are you making?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z2

wullie42

hiya all
« Reply #3 on: 12/09/2006 at 21:42 »
hiya mike i am making a 10ft ATFM 6 rod with fuji guides throughout and a walnut struble reel seat so i will be looking for a very nice light reel to complement the rod as well. may need to test a few lines to get the one that feels right too

Rob Brownfield

my new rod
« Reply #4 on: 20/09/2006 at 14:10 »
When you say fuji guides throughout, do you mean you are putting lined rings on?

wullie42

hiya rob
« Reply #5 on: 22/09/2006 at 08:47 »
yeash rob fitting my new fly rod with lined ring throughout they add a wee bit of weight to the rod but they are much better than snake eyes and do last a lot longer as well. plus they will complement the dark grey blank very well too

wullie42

my new rod
« Reply #6 on: 30/03/2007 at 09:56 »
hiya all my new rod is nearly complete cant wait to use it this year all i need to do now is try it oot when i get a suitable reel for it. the choice is toooo much for my wee brain   :lol:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com