Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Rod update
« on: 22/06/2009 at 08:44 »
Hi folks :cool:

I have posted an update for our fly rods on the main website, see http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/barrio-fly-rods.html

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Barrio Fly Rod update
« Reply #1 on: 22/06/2009 at 14:39 »
Mike,
Please don't ship the rods to the Far East for production, this would ruin the entire ethos behind your original concept. I know we have spoken about this and I entirely understand your reasons for closing down production..but the Far East??...Nooooooo!!!!!!

Having said that..PLEASE do the kits. I know I have not bought one, (as you know, I have my own source of blanks), but it is important to have the kit available as its a fantastic rod and would be a big loss to the rod building world. It has introduced many folk to the joys of rod building and I would hate to see it go :(

PS. How is the comp line comming on?

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 22/06/2009 at 17:03 »
Didn't Sandy move to the far east?? :z17 :z17 :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 22/06/2009 at 22:05 »
Didn't Sandy move to the far east?? :z17 :z17 :wink

Not yet :z4 Next wednesday :wink

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 23/06/2009 at 08:12 »
Lol...Technically SE Asia.lol

At least he will be able to get some decent blanks from Australia and New Zealand without a huge postage charge :)
There used to be a stunning tackle shop in Singapore (an hours hop from Brunei) that sold rod making bits and bobs. Huge stockist of Diamaru blanks which are some of the best in the world. It was like walking into a sweetie shop :)..although I hear a lot of waters across there have now been stocked with CArp :) and Lrge Mouth Bass :(

Magnus Angus

« Reply #5 on: 23/06/2009 at 13:59 »
Got a CTS from NZed last week - yummmm!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 23/06/2009 at 17:06 »

Don't break it until I have had a chance to play with it!!

Ben

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 24/06/2009 at 00:23 »
  I echo rob's thoughts on this also, I know my father would not part with his for love nor money!  I think they are one of the nicest rods iv had my hands on (especially for the price!!!), I hope the kits will still be available as my fathers appears to be dissapearing from his garage at any given oppportunity  :z7 so hopefully i'll be able to have a crack at building one for myself if the kits are still available :z16 would be a nice wee project :z12

Kind regards Steven

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 24/06/2009 at 15:11 »

Just built a lure rod for a chappie in Falkirk..CTS blank from Guides n blanks...very nice indeed. Not seen the fly blanks but they seem to get great reviews on the rod building forums.

Magnus Angus

« Reply #9 on: 24/06/2009 at 18:54 »
This is the second I've had, both from a custom builder, newer CTS Affinity X blank.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 25/06/2009 at 11:54 »
This is the second I've had, both from a custom builder, newer CTS Affinity X blank.

Details please :)

Tam Greenock

« Reply #11 on: 05/07/2009 at 22:15 »
Rob, perhaps you should have a chat with Mike  :z15

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com