Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave B

Methlick British Legion Fishing Competition
« on: 08/06/2009 at 15:38 »
Hello one and all. I am organizing a fishing competition to raise funds for the Methlick British Legion.

The competition will be held on Sunday 20th September 2009 at Lochter near Oldmeldrum with a start time of 0930 and finish about 1600. It is early days yet but I am happy for teams and singles to enter for a bit of fun competition. The cost will be that of your two fish day ticket plus whatever donation you wish to give to the Legion. It will be based on 'catch and keep' your first two fish then C&R the rest with each fish returned gaining 3lb, each fish returned to be witnessed by another angler. Totals will be collected at the end of the day. it will be a roaming event so you will be able to fish where you like. The emphasis is on having a good time and raising awareness and funds for the legion. At the moment I don't have any prizes to award for the winners so if any one knows of anyone willing to donate sets of flies or lines it would be much appreciated.

At the moment I would just like to get an idea of numbers interested. I hope as many people, teams can support this event for a very good cause.

If you require any more info then do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks very much,

David Batty - Vice Chairman Methlick British Legion.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com