Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:
It is great to see you posting so many cracking photos on the forum :z16

But if your photos are too big they can upset the forum layout ...... so I have added a very easy image uploading and resizing system to help with this :z3

When you write a post, you will now see the word "tinypic" in coloured text under the smileys. When you would like to add a photo to your post ....... click on "tinypic"

(1) The photo upload box will open ( no need to sign in )
(2) Click the "browse" button to find the file of your chosen photo on your PC and click "open"
(3) Photo description tags can be added if you like, but are not necessary
(4) In the "Resize:" drop down menu ..... Do not leave the "Resize:" option as "default" as this will leave the photo at the original size .....Please make sure that you select "Message Board (640X480)" which is the best size for the forum.
(5) Click the green "UPLOAD NOW!" button
(6) You will see a message saying ( Uploading ..... Please wait ) which doesn't take long
(7) Then the box will say "Success!" and you will see a small thumbnail image of your photo
Now simply click the "Add To Post" button and the code will be inserted in your post automatically for you :wink

Hope you find it easy!
Best wishes
Mike

PS: No "trophy type" photos of dead trout like the ones that are still found on some fishery websites please"

Iain Goolager

Re: Posting photos on the forum ..... is now much easier!
« Reply #1 on: 05/06/2009 at 12:25 »
Excellent gizmo!

Sometimes it is a thought to get pictures into photobucket before uploading that I can't be bothered so hopefully this will encourage more pictures of 'anything'.

now it's a case of connecting camera and uploading direct BUT I must admit that I had to pull the picture because I didn't resize (which was the original problem) so a D minus for me.

A+ administration

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 13/06/2009 at 22:53 »
Thanks for the feedback Iain :z16

I have used the system a few times now and one thing I forget to mention (hadn't tried) was the uploading of a second photo in the same post.

Once you've done the first photo and have clicked the "Add to post" button ....... Click on the "Upload" link at the top of the box (next to "Sign In") and the box will refresh and take you back to step (2) where you can browse your PC for the next photo :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Eugenio Antonielli

« Reply #3 on: 26/08/2010 at 14:45 »
THANKS!!! I shall take advantgae of this...I am in the Faroe Islands (62* North!) on duty...but, i still ahve time after working hours, to go for a cast...look at this beautiful cock Brownie, on the dry lfy!!!

My fishing mate there is a hell of Highlander, catching Salmon on the spinner...boooohh!!!

Eugenio Antonielli

« Reply #4 on: 26/08/2010 at 14:48 »
...and my London fishing mate sends you regards for the good quality of you lines!!!!
Cheers
BARBASSA

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 26/08/2010 at 18:36 »
Wow,
are fish of that size widespread up there?

nice one

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 26/08/2010 at 20:21 »
That's a super trout I love them with those colours and kype.

Eugenio Antonielli

« Reply #7 on: 28/08/2010 at 20:31 »
NOT REALLY COMMON THAT SIZE, but Salmon to 5 or 6 pounds are caught quite often...my Highlander fishing mate in the Faroe is leading 2-0...but it does not count for he caught the two grilse on the spinner!!  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 28/08/2010 at 20:35 »
Hi Barbassa :z16

Good to hear from you and thanks for the nice trout photos :cool:

Where are you going to be fishing next "mundo-trotter"? :z7

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 18/12/2010 at 11:27 »
Mike,
i know that Steven has been bugging me to join in the SBS in the fly tying section and i will. However although it is alleged that i can tie a reasonable fly and i know how to operate a DSLR, i am utterly useless with computing skills. Do you have an SBS for posting an SBS on the forum.?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 18/12/2010 at 11:37 »
Hi Ed :z16
Yes, we'd love to see your SBS :z16

If you understand how the photos work in this thread, you'll get an idea of what to do in the following thread http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3178.15 in my reply #17.

That should make things easy, but yes, I can have a go at putting up some instructions later today.

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #11 on: 18/12/2010 at 18:12 »
Mike,
thanks for the help. I will get number one son to help as well when he returns from Brazil at the end of the month.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com