Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Battery acid
« on: 31/05/2009 at 20:45 »
Evening Gents!
Well to cut a long story short my battery for my electric outbaord tipped over in the boot of my car and acid leaked out and went all over my tackle.
So far my drogue, barbour jacket, net , life jacket and boat box strap are no longer useable.
Checked the small print on my insurance and it says you cant claim for clothing on accidental damage!
I dont think the insurance company will class all of the above as tackle  :z6
Anyone know any way around this or have any ideas what i should do  :z8
Iam scratching my head but not got any great ideas yet, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Baz

Jim Eddie

Re: Battery acid New
« Reply #1 on: 31/05/2009 at 21:02 »
Baz

Do not pre-empt them knocking back your claim , just bang the claim in and see what the response is.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

Re: Battery acid
« Reply #2 on: 01/06/2009 at 08:04 »
Do you not have house contents insurance? My fishing tackle is covered under that under "Sporting goods". I am pretty sure you can claim for clothing as well under house contents as you are allowed a certain amount for things like "personnel items" etc.

I would try going down that route.

Good luck

Dave B

Re: Battery acid
« Reply #3 on: 01/06/2009 at 16:42 »
A few years ago I got graphite grease all over my Greys Jacket and trousers from an outboard motor. Claimed on house insurance and they paid up, no questions, full price. Dave B. :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com