Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Wren

ACW goes tubing at ravensthorpe
« on: 25/05/2009 at 11:12 »
Took the shakey up to ravo yesterday after noon ,booked in and paid my launch fee ,must get membership to avoid this iniquitous £6 extra.
Very light breese coming of the lodge dam so ent to far car park .
set up and launched about 3.30 blasing hot not a cloud ,thankfully plenty of factor 30 to slather on ,lesson learnt sunscreen from the forehead and sweat from the brow mixes and gets in the eyes ,think light apllication and instant acess to some tissues would solve this problem.
Managed to get out against the gentle breese to midway across the lake some 100 yards from the barley bales ,deep fishing with a cove pt and a tiny lead buzzer brought me three hard fighting but standard size bows ,boat anglers taking pike on large lures . around 7 needed a comfort break ,came ashore into the shade ,it was chilly ashore ,so banged on a fleece and had a sandwich should have brewed a cuppa as well but too lazy .
launching again saw a snake swim close by the bank something not seen before .
out 1/3 of the way across set up some slow sinking nymps as expecting a rise to happen ,next hour just a few delicate come to nothing takes .
very few fish showing in the now flat calm ,so guess should have stayed on the deep nymph .
Special sighting and possibly an augur for the future saw a couple of danica mayflys both spinners dipping and laying eggs !
Not a brill fishing day ,but most enjoyable and another part of my learning curve in the tube !

Iain Goolager

Re: ACW goes tubing at ravensthorpe
« Reply #1 on: 25/05/2009 at 19:02 »
Nice one ACW BUT a snake swam by? Was it an Adder or had someone flushed an unwanted pet down the Khazi?  :z4 either way I think I'd have been out of there like a shot leaving a distinctive ground bait trail behind.

Any pictures?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 25/05/2009 at 19:04 »
Nice to hear of tubing experiences from foreign lands , only joking Andy  :z12

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 31/05/2009 at 01:08 »
Hi Andy :z16

Thanks for the report ............ Do we get to see any photos? :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Andy Wren

« Reply #4 on: 31/05/2009 at 10:32 »
Mike ,
fraid photos from the tube will have to wait until I feel far more competent in one .
This would have been sessionnumber 4 for me ,slowly getting the hang of things and sorting out what I need and dont need !
ther will be photos however sooner or later!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com