Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Loch Beannie Today
« on: 23/05/2009 at 00:27 »
A few of us ventured up to the wee quiet hill loch of beannie today, 2 fishing from the tube and 3 from the bank.
A great days sport and a bonny we place to spend a cracking day!

Iain Goolager

Re: Loch Beannie Today
« Reply #1 on: 23/05/2009 at 10:13 »
It's always good to scribe another notch on the 'Tubing Bedpost' and with scenery and Trout like these that was accomplished in style.

The day was not without its misshaps or learning points though.
Firstly beware the farmer that says his Highland cows are 'very maternal' at the moment and 'lightning fast' with their horns!  :o
Secondly, if the others in your party don their waders/ waterproof footwear at the car park on such a beautiful day always wonder why? After the walk through to the Loch I was soaked from shin to toe and had to the wring out my socks prior to getting 'wadered up' - not a pleasant feeling. The walk up is marshy!
Thirdly, When wading from the banks beware the large hidden slippery boulders - (sorry Dave) cue water in waders & victim number 2.

Dave in warmer, happier times
Forthly, When you are of a large stature and entering/ exiting a light fibreglass boat unaided then use extreme caution - (sorry Jim) - victim number 3.

That apart it was a great day in good company where the average fish was in the 8 - 12 " range with a few on the 14" mark, a very impressive Loch.

Iain

paavo

« Reply #2 on: 23/05/2009 at 15:30 »
Nice scenery there.  :z16
How much do you pay for fishing the loch?

//Harri

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 23/05/2009 at 16:05 »
Harri

Its £10 for the day or £35 for the season.

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 23/05/2009 at 21:45 »
Looks good lads. Must head down some friday soon if anyone is interested? Is it worth humping the tube in?   

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 23/05/2009 at 23:57 »
It fished well from both the bank and the tube Noel. Majority of the fish were taken from in close by the bank but i think the tube will be at its best when its a flat calm and you can target free rising fish out in the middle of the water!
Its not a bad walk with the tube so i would take it anyway!
I will be back up soon so if you fancy a day drop me a mail  :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #6 on: 25/05/2009 at 13:14 »
Hi Jim, Iain , Noel, Baz et al,
                                  Sorry I missed this . sounds like a prime falling in opportunity missed !
Sat.morning , 7lb 3oz. I,m a grandad now, how old am I . Both doing well .

Next time .

Paul

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 25/05/2009 at 18:45 »
Paul you old far*!  :grin
Congratulations on your addition.  :z16
There will be other tubing events, but it was good. :z7

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 25/05/2009 at 18:54 »
Paul

Many congratualtions, glad to hear both mother and baby are well  :z16 You owe me a whisky the next time I see  you to wet the baby's head  :z13

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #9 on: 25/05/2009 at 19:28 »
Cheers All,
               I,ve got a Bottle for the next outing . No problem .

Auld fart , aye that's me  :z4  A youngish looking handsome one mind you  :roll :roll

Starting building his new rod .................. :z16

What a day you had , well done guys.

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com