« on: 16/05/2009 at 00:32 »
Where did all this wind and rain come from? It is still May, isn't it? :z4

Hatches and surface sport were just coming along nicely too :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Cameron

Re: Wind & rain?
« Reply #1 on: 16/05/2009 at 08:57 »
aye. it's a perfect day for looking out the window and not going fishing...  thinking about it though... it's only rain. and wind. and cold... mmmm

Mostyn

« Reply #2 on: 16/05/2009 at 09:45 »
Seems like the March-Winds arrived a little later this year; and they're cold winds, don't mind a drop of rain, but the wind is a nuisance; it spoils the fishing!  -  Although, it's a nice day for staying at home and putting your feet up; and she who has the last word, has gone away for the week-end, so maybe put a fishing DVD on?   Hold-on the sun is coming out; change of plan, I think I'll try a few casts in the local river!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 16/05/2009 at 11:19 »
Anyone seen the river today? I expect it will be high and dirty after all that rain? Supposed to have cleared by lunchtime and im rearing to go but where....

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 16/05/2009 at 16:34 »
Where did all this wind and rain come from? It is still May, isn't it? :z4

Hatches and surface sport were just coming along nicely too :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Know as the "Gabs" of May , happens every year.

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 16/05/2009 at 23:39 »
Weather been a bit grim!!

Hopefully it will settle a bit, wind has killed the fishing for the last few weeks.  Salmon fishing could be good on the Don next week, I went out just before dark on Thursday with the streamer rod hoping for some big trout, seemed perfect once the wind died.  No trout action but I saw several salmon splashing about just below Kintore and a few sea trout, may even get the salmon rod out on Monday!  Don high & coloured at Kintore today, rain supposed to stop so could be good early next week

Cheers

Ben

salar35

« Reply #6 on: 17/05/2009 at 23:16 »
aye. it's a perfect day for looking out the window and not going fishing...  thinking about it though... it's only rain. and wind. and cold... mmmm

You should have joined the Stoney club's outing to Mike's wee bit of paradise on Saturday........in between steady rain all day on a cold wind, it either bucketed or pissed down, but everyone caught fish. Two were 12lb lunkers, three of the eight guys had over ten each and the best individual catch was 19. Everything from a team of buzzers on floating line to a big minkie lure on the wetcel caught trout.........what's a wee bit of the wet stuff from the heavens, when there's sport  :grin like that to be had? Admittedly not a day for the dry fly! Thanks for your patience and hospitality on a bluidy awful weather day, Mike.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com