Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

David Davies

it puts a smile on your face
« on: 08/09/2009 at 20:17 »

was up at haddo last wednesday it was a bit of a slow day bows didn"t seem to be feeding, couple of blues one rainbow , and then just before I called it a day landed my first and one and only brownie, now this might not be much to a lot of people , but as I"m into my sixties, and only just started this fishing game, it didn"t half put a beam on my face, I have been up to haddo a few times now, and no matter what I catch I always leave with a smile, and thanks to mike and one or two of you other guys, I always go away having learnt something new. I live down in north yorkshire and come up to visit my son, although since discovering haddo, he is seeing less and less of me, will be back up in 6 weeks , and yes I will be texting mike for a boat
best wishes  :z18
dave

Jim Eddie

Re: it puts a smile on your face
« Reply #1 on: 08/09/2009 at 20:24 »
Well done Dave , bonnie fish , good to see someone really enjoying the experience.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 08/09/2009 at 20:46 »
Hi Dave
Thanks for posting the photo, it is a cracking wee brownie :z16

Great to see you enjoying your day :cool:
Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 08/09/2009 at 22:26 »
The best fish are the fish that make a difference to you, a personal best, a goal achieved one worked for and caught or whatever. Always nice to think back on during the cold winter nights. :z16
Its a lovely looking brownie, well done :z18

ColinC

« Reply #4 on: 09/09/2009 at 00:21 »

i know its great catching fish on the fly, i just started a couple weeks ago. The thing i like best about haddo is the number of fish feeding. I have fished alot of bait fisheries where you dont see the fish rise so it makes a pleasant surprise. So far i have caught 2 trout on my fly fishing adventures, 1 at banchory 2 1/2lb and a 1lb at haddo 1lb  :z4 . So hopefully i will be at haddo sometime soon. (waiting for my student loan to come in  :wink)

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #5 on: 09/09/2009 at 08:12 »
Haddo is a great place, Im yet to catch a brownie there but caught plenty on the Don.

My fav is sight fishing the larger fish you see cruising around Haddo, when they take its the best feeling, especially on the dry  :z18

David Davies

« Reply #6 on: 09/09/2009 at 19:28 »
 :grin
as I have said to you before mike, what a superb office you have

Trout Master

« Reply #7 on: 10/09/2009 at 01:07 »
Nice one mate took me 5yr to catch my first brownie

Eugenio Antonielli

« Reply #8 on: 10/09/2009 at 21:45 »
 :z4
REALLY....FOLKS, I AM BACK (finally!!), but this time in London!!!!!
Barbassa!!!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 12/09/2009 at 00:23 »
Hi Barbarossa,

Creatures don't get much better than that! nice one

:z15

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com