Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: www.flybuyer.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: 16/05/2009 at 16:44 »
" apologise for sending another email but I feel a few points need clarifying as some customers have misunderstood what we are doing at the moment.

Flybuyer is closing down, when we decided to take this course of action due to other business commitments we had the choice of selling the company or offering our customers a 50% sale. We chose the latter and had a phenomenal result! We received hundreds of orders between Sunday night and Tuesday morning.

Flybuyer is no longer manned as it used to be so things will take longer than normal, it will not be a three day turn around, this is a stock clearance not the original service level. It is possible that I didn’t make it clear enough to everybody, if so I apologise. If anyone wishes to cancel their order because of any unexpected delay in delivery then please feel free to do so, drop me an email with your order number and I will cancel it.

No money will be taken until you order is ready for despatch and we will send an email when your order is posted.

Finally, please do not call 01507 363821 as this phone is not manned any longer and will not be answered.

Tight Lines

Ali Fazakerley"

P Ross

« Reply #16 on: 16/05/2009 at 21:06 »
Just read through the thread on fly fishing forums. The guy that owned the businees chose to sell all the stock at 50% rather than selll the business so is understandably swamped under with orders. It looks like anyone who ordered their stuff about the 10th will get the order this coming week. He has apologised however has stated that no payment will be taken untill orders are ready to be dispatched and that if you want to cancel your order you can.  :z16 cant :z18 wait to get the stuff

Noel Kelly

« Reply #17 on: 20/05/2009 at 18:05 »
Anyone got their order yet? Im still waiting...impatiently.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #18 on: 20/05/2009 at 19:00 »
No Noel nothing yet  :z6

:z18

Jim

ameliasdaddy

« Reply #19 on: 21/05/2009 at 12:53 »
I've got mine but out of an order value of over £50 the value of items delivered came to less than £7 incl p&p.

Lucky me, if I'd known that's all I would get I wouldn't have bothered.

clark

« Reply #20 on: 21/05/2009 at 19:57 »
so you paid £50 and you only got £7 worth of stuff or did the total price of the order come to £7 ?

calum

ameliasdaddy

« Reply #21 on: 22/05/2009 at 12:08 »
so you paid £50 and you only got £7 worth of stuff or did the total price of the order come to £7 ?

calum

My initial order value was over £50.

What was delivered incl P&P was worth £7.

They had sold out of over £40 worth of my order despite stock levels appearing good at the time.

I was only charged for what I recieved.

clark

« Reply #22 on: 22/05/2009 at 18:13 »
jesus i have no hope then  :z4 my total only came to £11 so i will be lucky to get a spool of fluro  :z4  :z4  :z4

clark

snakefly

« Reply #23 on: 26/05/2009 at 23:39 »
Anyone got more of the goodies they ordered yet?

P Ross

« Reply #24 on: 27/05/2009 at 02:30 »
Not a thing !!!  Ordered mine on the 10th and still waiting. Anyone else recieved anything?

Noel Kelly

« Reply #25 on: 27/05/2009 at 07:07 »
Nothing here either, also ordered on 10th.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 02/06/2009 at 10:48 »
E-mail received today
"Thank you for your support of our closing down sale, your order or part of it has now been dispatched by first class post.

There may be items we have been unable to include as they are now sold out.

We apologise for this, but we were stunned by the number of orders we received in such a short time, and while we have been working until the early hours in order to get orders out of the door as quickly as we can, we can only knock sold out items off the website as we work our way through the orders, and can only knock items off the website as we plough our way through the orders.

Thanks and Best Wishes,Ali

ali@flybuyer.co.uk"

Noel Kelly

« Reply #27 on: 02/06/2009 at 12:52 »
Got that same e mail today.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #28 on: 02/06/2009 at 18:23 »
E-mail received today
"Thank you for your support of our closing down sale, your order or part of it has now been dispatched by first class post.

There may be items we have been unable to include as they are now sold out.

We apologise for this, but we were stunned by the number of orders we received in such a short time, and while we have been working until the early hours in order to get orders out of the door as quickly as we can, we can only knock sold out items off the website as we work our way through the orders, and can only knock items off the website as we plough our way through the orders.

Thanks and Best Wishes,Ali

ali@flybuyer.co.uk"

Got that same e mail today.

Can i ask what your order numbers were to get an idea of how far away my order might be :?

:z18

Dave

lostfly

« Reply #29 on: 02/06/2009 at 18:53 »
I also recieved an email from flybuyer advising that I would not be recieving any goods I ordered.
Bit miffed, but after a week or two of waiting for goods to arrive, assumed the inevitable.

Andy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com