Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

split cane or bamboo
« on: 06/12/2006 at 18:31 »
hi lads
                    anybody interested in watching cane rod being made from start to finish .Only problem is its on at 3am on discovery or 4am on discovery + . :sad:  the program is on for half an hour , 10 minutes showing the rod being made,, from roasting the bamboo ,splitting it ,glueing it ,cork handle ,the eyes ,the whole lot well worth watching .
JAY this is a good show for you  as this will show you what is involved if you build your owen rod you will get few tips .so well worth getting it      
recorded. so get your timer set on your vidio.  for sunday the tenth.

henry + andrew
       The waterbouys :grin:  :lol:

bamboo or split cane
« Reply #1 on: 06/12/2006 at 19:15 »
I should have told yous the programs called how its made  :oops:

i will get the hang of this computer yet      
              the waterbouys :roll:

Derek 365

split cane or bamboo
« Reply #2 on: 07/12/2006 at 14:23 »
I've also seen an episode of  'How it's Made' where they showed a fly being made.

Troutgetter

split cane or bamboo
« Reply #3 on: 10/12/2006 at 16:50 »
I LOVE that this info is available to you folks!
Beware though! I watched a similar video when I first started and thought to me puny self..."Self, you can do this!"

Of course you can!
The "beware" part are the parts not normally shown (because it doesn't make good TV) and the time and money invested!

The latest investment of time and money is a pressure cooker impregnator for making reel seat inserts.
No big deal really...just find an old good pressure cooker, buy a reversable pump that pulls a vacuum as well as applying pressure, make your "goo" and make it all happen.

It's all part of making a good flyrod and things that will likely never be noticed because it works the way it's supposed to.

SO...BEWARE to you all! LOL The road has no end! It's not supposed to! We all know what happens when we reach the end of the road!
You've been duley warned and it's off my shoulders!
Luv ya all! :z18
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com