Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Big Exciting Adventures
« on: 30/04/2009 at 21:59 »
HI folks

Just a wee post to say, we are OFF :z16
On the 1st of July we fly out to our new life experience in Brunei.

All very exciting and the main reason i've been a bit lax with some of the posting recently :roll

However we are going for 4 years initially and may stay longer all being well :cool:

I shall remain on the forum albeit from a slightly different perspective :z7 and i hope to remain in contact with all my mates on here.
Only difference will be fishing in the Sea with great big flies and a 9wt rod  :shock a wee change from my 3wt on the Don :z4
Oh and maybe the weather, scenery, wildlife, lifestyle, food, etc :z4 :z4

We are all looking forward to this a lot, there have been a lot of hoops to jump through, but my aim remained keen and my body limber.
And now we are ready, so we have 8 weeks to get ready and then.................................... :z12

I look forward to providing many photos in the future :z16 I'll be here for another few weeks yet so might actually get some fishing done :roll
taking June off completely, so a few evening rises beckon :cool: great stuff

Cheers

Sandy

Noel Kelly

Re: Big Exciting Adventures
« Reply #1 on: 30/04/2009 at 22:06 »
Sandy, the very best of luck. I hope it goes really well. You will be missed for a lot of reasons. I,m looking forward to reading about your new adventures. Plenty of pics please!!!
All the best, Noel.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 01/05/2009 at 07:25 »
Hi Sandy,

I'll second Noels sentiments and hope we can maybe organise some forum thinng or 'tother before you go.

If not best of luck

Iain

Alex Burnett

« Reply #3 on: 01/05/2009 at 07:56 »
Hi Sandy

Hope everything you are hoping for with this new adventure comes to fruitition,  :z16
you will be missed this side of the world. :cry

Where'er ye bide in the world sae wide,
We wish ye a neuk on the sunny side,
Wi' muckle o' love and little o' care,
A wee bit pursie wi' siller to spare,
Yer ain wee ingle when day is spent,
In a wee bit housie wi' hearts content.

A h-uile la sona dhuibh
's gun la idir dona dhuibh!

Alex  :z18

paavo

« Reply #4 on: 01/05/2009 at 08:57 »
Sandy man, what an adventure!!  :z16

It will be exciting to read your reports and the pics. from your new place. Quite a difference I think.
All the best to you  :z18

//Harri

Irvine Ross

« Reply #5 on: 01/05/2009 at 09:17 »
Sandy

Does this mean Mike will have to design 9wt tropical salt water lines :grin

I hope everything goes well for you and your family and I'm looking forward to your reports from the tropics to brighten up our long winters.

All the best

Irvine

slippy

« Reply #6 on: 01/05/2009 at 10:45 »

Hi, Sandy.
             We never met, and there's no earthly reason why we ever should, but I read this and wanted to say thanks for making me welcome here, thanks for your replies to my posts/questions however obscure or daft they were, and to wish you and yours the very best of good fortune and happiness.
              Carpe Diem buddy, and the 9wt ,,,,,,coz lifes too short not to.    :z18  :z18
          regards, derek.  :z16

Iain Cameron

« Reply #7 on: 01/05/2009 at 11:38 »
hi sandy

all the best on the adventures... noticed a few river systems on the satellite maps. be fun finding out what is in them!

iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 01/05/2009 at 13:17 »
All the best to you and your family Sandy, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thanks for all your help over the past few years.

:z18

Jim

GARYBOY

« Reply #9 on: 01/05/2009 at 18:59 »
Hi sandy
We have nver met,but all the best with your life :z18
think of us back here in Scotland in the winter up to our backside in snow &frost while you are sweating in the heat :z4 :z4

Gary         
     :z18 :z18

Richard Tong

« Reply #10 on: 01/05/2009 at 19:06 »
Good Luck Sandy. Can't think there will be many Trout there but plenty more tae nibble yer flee. Look forward to seeing some exotic pics,

Richard

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 01/05/2009 at 22:32 »

think of us back here in Scotland in the winter up to our backside in snow &frost while you are sweating in the heat :z4 :z4

We'll try, we'll try :z7

Thanks for all the support, its going to be very different, but thats the whole idea :roll
Like i say, the internet is only a click away, so i'll still be in Scotland, spiritually
And hopefully it'll add a slightly different edge to some of the posts :z16

Cool :z12

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 02/05/2009 at 08:26 »
Be interesting to see what fish you 'get into' when you're settled  :z16

...... and there could always be a forum outing to visit Sandy (hint hint :!) and join in the hunt for GTs  :wink

Dutchfly

« Reply #13 on: 02/05/2009 at 11:59 »
Best of luck, Sandy! :z16

I hope this adventure will bring you all you're hoping for.

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 02/05/2009 at 19:46 »
Yes, I don't think your 3wt is going to handle this saltwater fishing Sandy :z7

It will be interesting to see how you get on with the heavyweights ...... I would guess that it won't be long before you find that the stuff on the market is not good enough and you'll be designing and building your own :wink
I'm sure all three of you will have a great time and loads of fun discovering what your new home has to offer :z16

Enjoy yourselves
Cheers n tears
Mike :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com