Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

New to forum and Don......
« on: 16/04/2009 at 19:33 »
Been looking at the forum for a while and i have been enjoying the read so thought i would intoduce myself.

I have recently moved to the area and i will be going over to sloans on 20th to buy the Don roving ticket.
I work shifts at the airport so should get plenty time before and after work to do some fishing.

I have done a fair bit of river trout fishing in the past but have set myself a goal of catching a salmon on the fly in 2009.
I have had a casting instruction with Willie Banks and had a wee day at tilbouries on Monday. (no fish yet!) but i feel as if i am now casting my double hander well enough that my fly would be covering fish.

Would it be cheeky to ask if i could tag along on one of you guys fishing trips (or even just a walk) to either Kintore or Inverurie beats?
I am just looking for some pointers as to which areas hold fish etc. A wee head start. :roll

I look forward to picking your brains.  :z4

Thanks. Paul.

Mike Barrio

Re: New to forum and Don......
« Reply #1 on: 16/04/2009 at 19:45 »
Hi Paul
Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Paul Garrigan

Re: New to forum and Don......
« Reply #2 on: 17/04/2009 at 13:41 »
Thanks Mike. I am also keen to try some float tubing so will be giving you a phone in the coming weeks.  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com