Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Orvis Banchory Store Event 24th & 25th April
« on: 13/04/2009 at 10:40 »
Orvis are holding a two day event at their store in Banchory on Friday 24th & Saturday 25th April.

There will be various items on offer over the two days on tackle & clothing (yet to be announced).

Paul Procter & I will be doing tying demos and giving free 20 minute tuition sessions over the two days and there will be various casting demos throughout the day.

Anyone wishing to book a tuition slot should either PM me on call the shop on 01330 824 319.

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

Re: Orvis Banchory Store Event 24th & 25th April
« Reply #1 on: 13/04/2009 at 20:15 »
That's a long weekend with the ADAA Sunday event.

Will make at least one of them - which one I'm not sure.
Still trying to get Paul Proctors' floating beetle c/w sighter tag pattern, as seen in one of the mags.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 15/04/2009 at 12:33 »
Anyone coming along to this?

Should be a good day.

Ben

j.r fartley

« Reply #3 on: 16/04/2009 at 22:31 »
Anyone coming along to this?

Should be a good day.

Ben
im planning on buying womens waders next time im in :z4 might be to busy that weekend :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 21/04/2009 at 19:37 »
In addition to the two day event in Banchory Orvis are hosting a demo day at the ADAA bothy in Aberdeen on Sunday 26th.

There will be casting demonstrations on the water given by Paul Procter, Willie Banks, Allan Everington and myself covering various single & double handed techniques & set ups.  There will also be the chance to try pretty much the full range of Orvis rods & lines and most of the latest Rio Spey gear on the water giving anglers the chance to try their prefered line on an Orvis rod or try another line on their own rod.  Tuition will also be available.

There will also be tying demos throughout the day in the bothy given by Kevin, Peter & Paul Procter.

The event is open to all, not just ADAA members so, we hope to see you there!

Cheers

Ben

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 23/04/2009 at 09:55 »
Offers on the Friday & Saturday will include.....

15% off rod, line & reel when purchased together.
15% off waders & boots
15% off selected Rio salmon lines.
Remaining Simms stock all 50% off
Various reductions on flytying materials

Demos will be running throughout the day and tuition sessions can be booked on spec.

Cheers

Ben

Peter McCallum

« Reply #6 on: 26/04/2009 at 22:10 »
Don't know about you and Paul Ben but Kev and I had a great day in the warm bothy. Anyway thanks for the invite & to the kind folk from the ADAA for the coffee & rolls :z18.

Hope everyone had a good time who came along & that you took away some tips if not materials. :grin

Oh and if any of the younsters who tied flies read this.... tight lines - you did a great job of your first flies. :grin :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 27/04/2009 at 07:30 »
Anyone that missed the Orvis days on Friday & Saturday at Banchory or the one at the ADAA bothy on Sunday really missed out. The tuition & demo's, both casting and tying were great.

Well done to Ben, Paul, Peter, Kevin & the ADAA.

Inspirational stuff.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #8 on: 29/04/2009 at 20:02 »
Thanks Iain,  pleased you enjoyed it, thanks to Kevin & Peter and all those who turned up.  Some pics from Sunday here.

http://www.adaa.org.uk/orvisday09.php

Cheers

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com