Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: River Don Open Day 2009
« Reply #15 on: 21/05/2009 at 08:08 »
..... and there's more.

Courtesy of Mike Barrio we have:

Exclusive use of Haddo Trout Fishery for a day (Guide price £200)
A Barrio floating fly line of your choice.

Hamish  :z3

salar35

« Reply #16 on: 21/05/2009 at 19:03 »
It's a free to enter event; all we would ask is that anyone coming through the event on the day supports the Trust by bidding generously at the auction or with a donation. Not much to ask really  :wink There will be 2 marquees on the day, one for angling and one for the local businesses, an outside caterer and something for the kids - so a family event. Please do support the day and come along on the 24th.

Hamish
I've happy memories of Castle Forbes (springers and some gorgeous trout) but haven't fished it for a couple of years. Would have come to the Open Day this weekend but have a family commitment (ill father) up north. Wish you all the best with the whole event. Dave

Hamish Young

« Reply #17 on: 22/05/2009 at 08:01 »
Thanks Dave, shame you can't be there.

Other fishing related auction lots:

A long handled wooden trout net (guide price £25 ).

An unboxed selection of 15 salmon flies tied by Sandy Nelson (guide price £20).

A days guided fishing with AAPGAI instructer Ben Dixon (guide price £120).

More to come  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 23/05/2009 at 19:59 »
Hi folks :z16

So ..... who is coming along tomorrow then?

I'll be there, I'm taking along a wee table and some of my fly lines, so you'll hopefully find me in the tent. I'll take the demo lines too, so if anybody wants to bring their rod along and try them out, please do. Anybody buying a line tomorrow will get a free spool of Fulling Mill Copoly with it as a special offer ..... unless I run out of copoly :wink

I've been really looking forward to this event and it should be lots of fun. They might even let me have a go in the casting competition ..... cause they know I'll come last again :z4
Hope to see plenty of forum members :z16
Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #19 on: 23/05/2009 at 20:22 »
I'll be there tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

I'm even going to enter the casting competition so if anyone wants to buy a wooden spoon for their wifes birthday I'll have one to raffle. :z4

Hope to see a good turn out.

Iain

Dave Gordon

« Reply #20 on: 23/05/2009 at 20:44 »
Mike

I think i will pop along, what do you think! :z4 :z8

I was out today, and the venue is fantastic, the tents are huge and each stand will have plenty of room, and as for the casting area, again plenty of room, looks great. We managed to get a number of additional Auction lots as well so plenty to do tomorrow.

It should be fun and i am looking forward to discussing the river and Trusts works with people and getting their views.

D

Peter McCallum

« Reply #21 on: 23/05/2009 at 22:30 »
Really upset that I can't make it, the gods have conspired & marking and SWMBO playing in her band trumps any fishing day :cry :cry :cry :cry

Anyhoo hope everything goes well - the weather forecast looks excellent - and that it's going to be an annual thing

Peter

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 23/05/2009 at 23:18 »
Sorry Peter, I know how much you wanted to come along :cry

Re: hope that it's going to be an annual thing ........ I guess that might depend on how things go tomorrow? So here's hoping lots of folk come along to support the event. They have put a lot of effort in to putting this together and I hope as many local anglers as possible will turn out :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #23 on: 23/05/2009 at 23:57 »
All go for tomorrow :!

Hope to see lots of folk through the gates....... the auction has some really nice stuff up for grabs :z16

Right now I'm off to my bed, early start in the morning. Pics and a review of the day will follow at some point :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #24 on: 24/05/2009 at 16:17 »
 :z16 Enjoyed the day , nice to see a few faces from the forum , Paul Proctor was amazing  :cool:

The weather was fantastic , we won the league  :z4 all is well with the world  :z13

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #25 on: 24/05/2009 at 22:52 »
Hi Jim :z16

Yes, it was a lovely day, which I very much enjoyed too! Great to see lots of the forum members there, thanks for coming ........... and a big "Well done!" to the organisers :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #26 on: 25/05/2009 at 17:35 »
Well, what a beautiful day it turned out to be!!

Sorry I could not have got there earlier but family matters delayed me...grrrrr.

Of what I saw I hope this event goes from strength to strength!!! Well done to all those who organised the event and those who turned up to exhibit and display.

One question, what happened to the flies being sold off for charity..i did not have any cash but would still like to buy some if possible...

Thanks again for a plesent afternoon!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #27 on: 25/05/2009 at 18:42 »
Indeed the weather was very kind which added to the day. Pity I was short on cash as there were some great buys on the go. It was good to see the forum had a decent representation.
Forgot to get a River Don Beats Map though who's got one? ADAA website?

Hopefully the first of many.

By the way there were some generous cash donations also which may have gone relatively un-noticed. nice one Jim!

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #28 on: 25/05/2009 at 18:43 »
One question, what happened to the flies being sold off for charity..i did not have any cash but would still like to buy some if possible...

They had to get up to Dingwall Rob, so you missed them by ten minutes or so  :cry

Hamish Young

« Reply #29 on: 25/05/2009 at 18:44 »
Guys - will post something a wee bit later..... but many thanks to all  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com