« Reply #15 on: 07/04/2009 at 20:50 »
Hi Noel,
           Cracking fish , well done.
Paul .

Mike Barrio

Re: PC shy Mate going to the Don
« Reply #16 on: 07/04/2009 at 21:32 »
hi guys
         Out yesterday on the don between 1130-1400hrs at upper parkhill the conditions were overcast but quite a cold wind however there was a massive hatch of LDO,s i mean hundreds of them every where the fish were going crazy for them ended up with 5 brown trout and a sea trout about 2lb all on the dry fly.and missed the same but great sport anyway.good to see hatches of fly,s like this long may it continue :grin :grin

Cheers
chris

Great stuff Chris ..... Well done :z16

Cheers
Mike

Richard Tong

« Reply #17 on: 14/04/2009 at 18:32 »
Have two friends (Briggsy again! and Ron) going up this week Thu-Sat so any reports on hatches/times/trout activity would be welcome over the next couple of days. Cant wait to get up myself but currently looking after the sprogs as they are on school hols down here!

Richard

Noel Kelly

« Reply #18 on: 14/04/2009 at 21:14 »
Have two friends (Briggsy again! and Ron) going up this week Thu-Sat so any reports on hatches/times/trout activity would be welcome over the next couple of days. Cant wait to get up myself but currently looking after the sprogs as they are on school hols down here!

Richard
Have not been out since saturday. How did your mate get on last time?   

Richard Tong

« Reply #19 on: 14/04/2009 at 22:30 »
Noel,

Not good. Conditions were bright sun both days.  :cry He blanked at Monymusk and had 2 trout of 1lb at Castle Forbes on March Brown spiders. He reckoned he would have been better off with his swimming trunks and a deck chair at Castle Forbes it was that warm. Had those sort of days before myself on Don but have avoided the dreaded blank (so far!). Conditons looking better this week so expect them to do a bit better. Hopefully the hatches are under way,have heard some encouraging reports from further downstream but not sure what is happening from Monymusk upstream,

Richard

Noel Kelly

« Reply #20 on: 14/04/2009 at 22:57 »
Have a look at the "Don today" thread for some up to date reports. Seen some great hatches last weekend below Inverurie. Easterly wind here this week which wouldnt be ideal.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #21 on: 14/04/2009 at 22:59 »

Richard

Hi Richard,

Have a look in the Don Today thread in the reports section, I have been putting details in there, I would suggest middle to lower river, some days at Strathdon, very tough with next to no hatch.  Still a bit early I think.

Cheers

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com