Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Next Week
« on: 04/04/2009 at 20:52 »
Hello all,

I'm staying in Aboyne next week, have a day on the Deveron on Wednesday, hoping to grab another day on the Don during the week - any suggestions for what's fishing well (prefer Upper River) at the moment, and that will have day tickets next week.

Cheers

Colin

Paul Rankine

Re: Next Week
« Reply #1 on: 04/04/2009 at 21:21 »
Hi Colin,
            Best to check the contact information on the main Forum . Give the hotels a ring , if you have,nt already. It is a bit hit and miss at this time of year given the extremely variable weather we are having but don't let that put you off. The Don can really come up trumps ,even this early in the season , as the bigger trout can switch on to the feed but in my opinion I would caution against fishing the very upper beats as , for me, it's still too early for them.

Hope that helps.

Paul.

« Reply #2 on: 04/04/2009 at 23:07 »
Thanks Paul,

I used to fish Kildrummy a lot about 20 years ago - would that be about the right area?

Cheers

Colin

Paul Rankine

« Reply #3 on: 12/04/2009 at 22:21 »
Hi scottishtrout,
                        Kildrummy is a good choice unless the weather turns exceptionally cold. The local weather forecast for this week is Ok .  :wink

Knowing the water definitely helps but bear in mind that 20 years ago things were different . However, knowing the lie of the land , think micro climates and where the hatches are likely to be. Concentrate on those areas. 

Sorry for the late reply .

Let us know how you got on .

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com