Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Gordon

Newly available upper Donside beat
« on: 07/04/2009 at 10:35 »
I have added a new beat for us to fish to the ADAA sales page. It is at Strathdon, and is called the Cottown beat. It has not been fished for years and so should hold good trout. Whilst walking the beat I met an angler fishing the opposite bank who comes up from Edinburgh every year (it is double bank for a short distance only). He had caught and returned some superb trout, and was planning to come back again next year, so it must be quite good.

Although it will hold salmon in good numbers at the back end, and the beat directly up stream of Cottown fishes for them, i guess most will be well coloured buy then

It is available on line only at the moment, and all you do is book on and set the date for your permit in the text box and print, simple. Your dated receipt is your permit.

Mike Barrio

Re: Newly available upper Donside beat
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/2009 at 19:38 »
Hi Dave :cool:

Can you give us a link to the "sales page" please ...... I'm not having much luck finding it :oops

Best wishes
Mike

Dave Gordon

« Reply #2 on: 07/04/2009 at 23:06 »
http://www.adaasales.co.uk/shop/shop.asp

This misses out the ADAA page. The shop was the top link, but no one could find it so I had to change the name to ADAA Fees. I kind of stuck!

D

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 08/04/2009 at 00:32 »
http://www.adaasales.co.uk/shop/shop.asp

This misses out the ADAA page. The shop was the top link, but no one could find it so I had to change the name to ADAA Fees. I kind of stuck!

D

Cheers Dave :z18

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 08/04/2009 at 08:18 »
Presumably this fishing will be unrestricted and not subject to the ADAA '25 mile' rule :?

It would be a shame if that restriction were to find its way as far upstream on the Don as Strathdon.

Hamish  :z3

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 08/04/2009 at 08:46 »
Presumably this fishing will be unrestricted and not subject to the ADAA '25 mile' rule :?

It would be a shame if that restriction were to find its way as far upstream on the Don as Strathdon.

Hamish  :z3

Have to say that was my thoughts entirely.

Dave Gordon

« Reply #6 on: 08/04/2009 at 22:08 »
The Cottown beat is open to all, it is not leased or owned by the ADAA, ADAA members will pay the same as non members. It is just a beat that has not been fished for years and has just found a way of marketing itself.

The ADAA get a tiny processing fee, the Trust gets £2.50 and the owner gets the rest of the fee. I see it as a type of fishing the ADAA does not have and a way of letting the members see and fish it without having to find a beat. With the ADAA hit rate it will soon be the best advertised beat on upper donside!

I am involved because i think it is a shame when a beat is unable to market itself, to raise funds for the River Don Trust and because i have leased the shooting attached to the estate and was asked to help.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 08/04/2009 at 22:28 »
Then a big thank you Dave..well done  :z18 :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com