Re: Don Today
« Reply #150 on: 06/06/2009 at 19:22 »
Funny you should mention that Brian , they look like Sea Trout to me  :wink

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #151 on: 06/06/2009 at 21:03 »
Dont know much about photography and less about sea trout but I think its the flash making them look like that, overexposed?   

Noel Kelly

« Reply #152 on: 06/06/2009 at 23:14 »
Went down for an hour tonight to see if that big fish would come out to play. Right on cue it rose once with a loud splash, this is a BIG fish. Few casts and no joy so rested the spot for a few mins. After seeing a few sippy rises from about the same spot tried again and instant hookup! different fish though of about 3/4 lb.
And that was that. Tune in next week for the next episode :z4   

Ben Dixon

« Reply #153 on: 07/06/2009 at 01:29 »
It is the flash making the fish look that way, most of the pics were taken in low light conditions.  Definitely browns as all but the one on the streamer were rising fish and the rises were too refined & resident brown like to have been sea trout!  I will try to upload the pics some time soon, I did not get it quite right, all look much better on the PC. 
Was out tonight but very little doing, only made a few casts and saw very few flies about.  Will be out again tomorrow and fishing Monymusk on Monday so will report anything of note.

I have a lot of nice bug pics from the Don this year that I will upload to a new thread when I get a chance, would be good if we could get some sort of Don bug picture library going on the forum along with a few details of times, dates, locations & conditions.  When we get enough detail maybe it could be added to the main site as a resource?

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #154 on: 07/06/2009 at 01:31 »
Hi Ben :z16

Try uploading those photos again using the new forum "tinypic" system ( make sure you use the resize menu ) :wink

Cheers
Mike

piker

« Reply #155 on: 08/06/2009 at 08:22 »
Was out on Sat morning for the first time in ages - to try out the new salmon rod !

Fishing near the top of the beat with a Ness C variant on a floating line, nice weather then the line shoots out, fish on !!!

then off :-(

almost 1st salmon of the year

the put on a monkey and got a brownie of 1.5lb :-)

piker

Don Baliffs ?
« Reply #156 on: 08/06/2009 at 13:12 »
anyone got a phone number for the don baliffs ?

Noel Kelly

« Reply #157 on: 08/06/2009 at 13:31 »
You turning yourself in James :z4

gibbyboy

« Reply #158 on: 08/06/2009 at 14:35 »
what beat were you fishing Piker??

Dave Gordon

« Reply #159 on: 08/06/2009 at 17:05 »
Contacts for don Bailiffs, Don Board and Don Trust:

http://www.riverdon.org.uk/contact_us.asp

Dave

piker

« Reply #160 on: 09/06/2009 at 09:04 »
for the last 3 seasons i have fished the don at kintore

i have branched out this year and also fish at Kemnay for a bit of variety ( got a 4lb brownie 1st trip there this year ! )

I was a bit miffed with the spinning mark height last year so was after the water baliff number so i can call him as a lot of people are ignoring the spinning marks !

I have just bought a new salmon rod as i intend to play fair - just wish others would !

I think what they need to do is make some pools OK to spin in, and make others fly only. Or, marker on each pool set at a height appropriate to each pool e.g. the deep ones shoudl have a lower level, the shallow ones a higher level

1st trip out with the new rod on sat morning and lost 1st salmon of the season  :mad

however did then get a 1.5 brownie on a monkey  :z4

Bronzebommer

« Reply #161 on: 12/06/2009 at 19:28 »
I was out last night with the spinning rod at Kintore (the water was above the mark!) The water was quite cloudy and there was plenty of salad drifting past. Had a couple of tugs just below the bridge but nothing on the bank.  :z15
I was usung varioud lures from Flying 'C's to Rapalas and was just wondering if I was doing anything wrong? ??? Does anyone have any tips for this strech of the river?

Matt

piker

« Reply #162 on: 15/06/2009 at 09:56 »
Hi Matt

sent you an email.....

probably didnt catch owt due to no fish being there ;-)

Ben Dixon

« Reply #163 on: 22/06/2009 at 23:18 »
Anyone been on the water over the last week?  I saw a few salmon moving today below Kintore, hopefully the rain today and last week will have brought in some more tourists.

Cheers

Ben

piker

« Reply #164 on: 23/06/2009 at 11:23 »
i was out last night with the salmon fly rod for a couple of hours and saw absolutely nothing.....

:z8

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com