Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

slippy

Any Ideas how to fish this?
« on: 01/04/2009 at 11:05 »
http://www.ottomanresidence.com/fotodetail.asp?id=11

Went here last year and am going back in May. Pics don't really show much so will try to describe this river.
It springs out of a mountain about 3 miles upstream and downstream the sea is about 1 mile. Went up it last year on a small boat and it goes up and down like no river I have ever seen. One minute 3ft of water then within a couple of yards 6mts!! 18/20ft of crystal clear water under you, then back up to a few ft. Obviously a good flow but must be fishable?.
Plenty of visible fish but not sure what they are. Got chatting with a local fella who had less English that I have turkish but he drew me a spottie so am thinking that these could well be trout. No tide here as such so is freshwater, locals even use it for drinking!!
The biggest part of fish seem to be in the depths but there must be a way of getting a fly down there before it shallows up again??.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Forgot to say most of these pools don't shelve, they go down and come up like lift shafts.

Maybe a cod rod and 3oz of lead is my approach  ???

slippy

Re: Any Ideas how to fish this?
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2009 at 18:01 »

OK I'll rephrase this.
  Would something like a Di8 get down and hold long enough?  Never fished a sinker but if thats what it takes  :z8
    C'mon lads, advice. I need to plan this  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com