Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

"Homes for heroes"Competition
« on: 31/03/2009 at 12:00 »
In support of the Homes for heroes as we partners of the fishery are x Royal Marine and Army,we are delighted to support a competition for them.

The competition will be held at The Glen of Rothes Trout fishery on the 7th of June 09.Starting at 9.15 am to 5pm. Cost will be £23 per person and £3 of of each entry will go to the homes for heroes.Each angler who enters is asked that they raise a minimum of £20 sponsorship to fish.
There will be raffles also and all monies will go to homes for heroes.
Prizes will very good as always from the fishery and it should be a good day for a very worthy cause and your support for this event will be most welcome.

Anyone who is interested can contact Myself,brian or Davy at the fishery on 01340 831888 or 07967466973 for details .Sponsorship forms will be available in the coming days.If you cant fish it and would like to donate a prize or anything to help it will be most welcome.

For myself I feel very proud that we are able to do something to help these guys knowing what they have gone through, But I cant imagine the future they have to endure without our support and if only in a small way that our help will help them, a worthier cause I couldnt think of supporting.

Thanks to all for reading.I am not sorry or soft to say I write this with a tear in my eye .

Rob Brownfield

Re: "Homes for heroes"Competition
« Reply #1 on: 31/03/2009 at 21:21 »
Is it not Help for Heros?? I whole heartedly support this..and if I am about I will fish...unfortuantly I have been up at Lossiemouth getting my medicals and tests for deployment to Kandahar base, Afganistan, so i may be away for a year with the RAF Regiment as Force Protection on the Chinooks. And there was me thinking the reserves spent there days sitting in a Naafi somewhere. 11 years and this is the first time I have had my call up papers!!..eek!

Still, I here there is some good Brown Trout fishing there! :) It has its plus sides then!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com