Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek McLaren

If anyone can Spiderman can
« on: 27/03/2009 at 14:30 »
Wow, Tried a cast with my refurbished stealth powerhead ,it is so smooth and the smaller tip ring seems to enable me to be more accurate, the troots are gonna have to be careful as they will not see me casting :z4   :z4.

Thanks Sandy, the workmanship is Fantastic  :z16  :z16,big thanks to mike as well for keeping the rod safe and secure  :z18  :z18  :z18

Sandy Nelson

Re: If anyone can Spiderman can
« Reply #1 on: 27/03/2009 at 18:29 »
 :oops :oops :oops

Now i'm all embarrassed, Glad you are Happy :z18

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Re: If anyone can Spiderman can
« Reply #2 on: 27/03/2009 at 20:21 »
How does a smaller tip ring make it more accurate? Highly curious with this one as I am currently experimenting with ring sizes :)

What I have found is that the line seems to exit the tip smoothly with a smaller ring. An oversized ring seems to allow a little "slap"

I was always a believer in using quite large snakes on the tip with a large tip ring to reduce drag, but on digging out my old Norboron thats fitted with very small fuji SiC's and having a cast there was noticable lack of "slap". I am now building a 9 weight with small Alconite "Concept" single leg guides to compare to my normal build. Hopefully I can satisfy myself one way or another which is best.

Sandy..please stick up some photos :)...I love seeing how someone finishes a rod (rings/whipping colours etc).

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com