Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

gibbyboy

Re: When are you next fishing?
« Reply #75 on: 06/04/2009 at 12:38 »
What time were you down yesterday Ian? I was there from 11 until about 2. Only saw 1 fish rise and couldnt reach it with the wind and my crap casting. Had a walk along Inverurie today and a smattering of olives hatching but nothing rising. That cold wind seems to rightly put them off.

Was at Inverurie saturday for a few hours.....when the wind dropped there were a few trout showing.....not much though.

managed a kelt of around 7.5/8lb.... :z15

Barry Robertson

« Reply #76 on: 06/04/2009 at 18:51 »
Well chaps,
Got my last days fishing in before i have to go away tomorrow for 2 weeks of flytying!
Shared a boat with Mr Doyle and between us we managed a few fish  :wink
My highlight was a lovely pike and Jim had a lovely brownie around 3 1/2 Pounds.
The wind was mild in the morning and in the afternoon it was awfy windy but the sport was still good  :z16
Lots of brownies following flies into the boat and i think we landed 3 browns between us.
As for float tubing they said its not permitted and that the tube i saw on the water the other day was not permited to be there.
As for a forum outing they have 15 boats available and iam able to make a block booking if i we were to go that way  :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #77 on: 06/04/2009 at 20:14 »
Thanks Baz,
                  Lovely wee pike there . Love the patterning, particularly the tail.
Ok, so when do we go ?

Paul.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #78 on: 06/04/2009 at 20:21 »
Great wee article again Baz.

That thing has a fair set of teeth in the second picture & I'll bet the Pike has a nasty bite too  :z4

Pity about the tubing - there's plenty of water for all to live and fish harmoniously - great shame.

What's this, Mr Doyle with a 3 1/2lb Brown and your'e chasing Jacks?

Well done

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #79 on: 06/04/2009 at 20:26 »
Thanks Baz,
                  Lovely wee pike there . Love the patterning, particularly the tail.
Ok, so when do we go ?

Looking at the callendar just now paul and will start a new thread when i have something in place  :z18

Iain,
Jim was camera shy but his brownie was awfy nice!
Was lucky to get the pike, just got it in the net and it snaped my leader  :shock

Jim Doyle

« Reply #80 on: 06/04/2009 at 21:17 »
Tell the truth now Barbara, you were stood up the far end of the boat on the seat as far away from the teeth as you coul get, I was left to wrestle the hook from the clutches of the beast  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z13

Jim Doyle

« Reply #81 on: 06/04/2009 at 21:20 »
Seriously pal , hope you have a safe trip this time and I look forward to further outings with you .  jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #82 on: 07/04/2009 at 08:59 »
Was out on the Don yesterday below Kintore, fish everywhere and feeding.  Managed 9 between about 1 pm & 2:45 pm when the wind got up and the fish went down.  All fish were between 1/2lb and 1.5lb with some large trout moving.  Hooked a trout I estimate to be at least 3.5lb which came off after about 30 seconds, got a good look at it, was a very nice fish.  I know where it lives so, next time  :grin

LDO's started to come off round about 12pm, before that, there were good numbers of midge in the air too.

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #83 on: 07/04/2009 at 12:19 »
Sounds like a champion session Ben.

Damn this working thing!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #84 on: 07/04/2009 at 21:08 »
Sounds like an excellent session Ben, what method were you taking them on?

Ben Dixon

« Reply #85 on: 07/04/2009 at 21:38 »
All on an olive klink tied on a size 18 partridge 15BNX, just waited for them coming up and covered only fish I saw feeding.  I have not seen anywhere near that number of fish coming up in that stretch before, was starting to wonder if there were simply no fish there to catch!!

Hit the brakes at Strathdon today with Hamish, fished hard using every trick in the book for one fish.  I saw four fish move all day, got one (on above fly), put two down and got no response from the other.  Water was reasonably warm, weather & river conditions were good. In terms of hatches, there were black stoneflies (about 3/4") and LDOs hatching but not in great numbers and, a few clouds of small black things over the banks.  I think Hamish got his fish on one of my ugly oversized black klinks whilst there were some stoneflies about.

Cheers

Ben

Barry Robertson

« Reply #86 on: 19/04/2009 at 21:10 »
Soon be wednesday chaps and i will be off to Lintrathen, anyone fancy a day out?
Really been looking forward to this, anyone been out since openiong day?
Will take some pictures and report back  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com