Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: When are you next fishing?
« Reply #60 on: 04/04/2009 at 20:51 »
Nae really Baz its about 3 acres , the biggest ones up this way are Pitfour , cracking place , but shut as the estate is up for sale , you could boat bank or tube it. Paul Young fished it once on one of his shows , it was stocked but there were some cracking wild Browns as GRHE can testify  :z4

The other big water is Fedderate , again its stocked but has some belting wild Brownines , its sometimes difficult though but I've had some belting days , its really cheap you can fish from 09:00 to midnight for a Tenner and keep 3 fish if you want to, it would be a belter to tube but not allowed. Its bank only and no wading which is a shame.

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #61 on: 04/04/2009 at 22:21 »
Rescobie tubing?  :z16 

Baz, you have your uses mate, mucker chum  :grin

I've had a wee jaunt to Kintore yesterday and for an hour this afternoon - not fishing  :cry trying to tire a certain wee monkey out.

Walked to the end of the beat (downstream) yesterday with the aim of reaquainting myself with that seldom fished water - there is a stretch with two or three deep runs close to the RH bank which I'd like to bug with tungsten nymphs.
On the way back upstream I saw a nice Brown of at least 1 3/4lb (could have been nearer 2 lb) dart from under the merest of overhangs on my bank. I don't often see that caliber of fish walking the bank.
There was a scattering of Olives drifting down but never seen one fish  rise - heard one - never seen it.
Today I walked over the bridge at Kintore and the water upstream was alive  (well there were quite a few fish taking olives) mostly small fish but there was one around the 1/2lb mark which had me standing watching for 10 min's or so cursing the fact that her indoors hadn't conceived 10 years earlier.

I guess that's the Salmon given a back seat as I spent almost no time fishing for Browns early doors last season.

Good luck tomorrow lads

Iain

What time were you down yesterday Ian? I was there from 11 until about 2. Only saw 1 fish rise and couldnt reach it with the wind and my crap casting. Had a walk along Inverurie today and a smattering of olives hatching but nothing rising. That cold wind seems to rightly put them off.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #62 on: 04/04/2009 at 22:48 »
I was on the Don yesterday and there was a good hatch of LDOs that started about 11:45 and petered out about 12:15, there were very few trout moving to them.

Ben

Irvine Ross

« Reply #63 on: 05/04/2009 at 15:31 »
Strange thing the timing of emergence. Further upstream on the Don the hatch only started at 2:45, just  as the wind picked up, the temperature dropped and the rain started. Only saw one rising fish and another angler got it. A typical early season day :z8

Roll on next Saturday.

Irvine

GARYBOY

« Reply #64 on: 05/04/2009 at 20:19 »
Fished Ladyette at dundee today
Tough going I didnt know dundee suffered from hurricanes :z4 :z4 :z4
i blanked ,pal got 3 ,2 at2lbs and a beauty at 9lbs excatly  :z16
anybody else out today :z8

Barry Robertson

« Reply #65 on: 05/04/2009 at 20:23 »
I was up the hills planning on doing an hour on a hill loch, the other half spotted 2 adders and was told it was no longer safe for the dogs so had to turn about and head back to the car, pish  :mad
Never mind iam back on rescobie tomorrow  :z4
anyone coming :?

GARYBOY

« Reply #66 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:09 »
wish i could but guess work comes first :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #67 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:28 »
Hi Bigtroot , (aka Barbra) ,
             How did you get on at Rescobie ?
Maybe we should think of a wee Forum outing there ? We just need to set a date and anyone interested can post that they are coming . Can we just turn up with our tubes or do we need to book ?

Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #68 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:37 »
Hi Heather/Paul,
       I have been out on rescobie alot in the last 2 weeks and its fishing well there, noticed someone tubing it on friday so will ask about it tomorrow morning when i get my permit and report back with my findings  :z16
A forum outing there would be great and will ask also tomorrow if i can block book boats or if a deposit would be required  :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #69 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:50 »
Hi Barbs,
            That would be great . Not too far for us NE lads and not too far for you either. Looks like it has some decent fish as well which is always a bonus for the blobbie fishers amongst us :z4  :z4 :z4

Look forward to it .

Cheers,

Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #70 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:55 »
Still not caught on that bibio blob yet and have had it one the top dropper a couple of times now  :z6 Best i just wait till jedi produces the real deal and i think these replicas i own will be binned  :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #71 on: 05/04/2009 at 21:58 »
Baz

Its nae the flee that matters its the boy on the other end of the line that counts  :z4

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #72 on: 05/04/2009 at 22:01 »
Baz

Its nae the flee that matters its the boy on the other end of the line that counts  :z4

Jim

Very true Jim, i also believe its confidence in a particular pattern  :wink
If i have no confidence i normally whip it off prety quick and dont really give it a fair chance  :z6

Ben Dixon

« Reply #73 on: 05/04/2009 at 22:24 »
Strange thing the timing of emergence. Further upstream on the Don the hatch only started at 2:45, just  as the wind picked up, the temperature dropped and the rain started. Only saw one rising fish and another angler got it. A typical early season day :z8

Roll on next Saturday.

Irvine

Where about were you fishing Irvine?

Cheers

Ben

Irvine Ross

« Reply #74 on: 06/04/2009 at 08:46 »
Ben

I was in my usual haunts around Glenkindie. I was told the fishing was better the day before. Ever heard that before? :grin

Irvine

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com