Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: When are you next fishing?
« Reply #45 on: 02/04/2009 at 20:19 »
Sorry Iain none the day but will take some when i go back on saturday!
Too busy the day min  :wink Fish were everywhere even jim managed to catch  :z4

Barry Robertson

« Reply #46 on: 04/04/2009 at 17:40 »
Well chaps, was back at monike with my local club today and everyone caught something and most anglers catching there bag of 6 fish.
Fish were being caught from dries,buzzers,lures and on anything from fast intermediates to floaters.
Great sport and again quality fish.
Anyone ever fancies a day on the water give me a shout and would happily share a boat  :z16
Only managed a couple of photos so her you go  :z6

d

I even managed a fly cast with the new winston  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #47 on: 04/04/2009 at 17:50 »
Baz,
Have you got a blue sweetie paper over your lens?

Looks like a great place - will take you up on your offer in a month or so - things are afoot and I don't mean, etc..

Your reports I'm sure are keeping a few of us going at the moment.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #48 on: 04/04/2009 at 17:58 »
Actually had a fish on your Dark Olive PTN Gold head on my wee 3 wt so that really made my day  :z16
let me know when you have a free weekend but prob better on rescobie, i saw someone tubing rescobie yesterday so musy do some investigating

GARYBOY

« Reply #49 on: 04/04/2009 at 18:33 »
Hoping to go to ladytte (maybe spelt wrong :z8 ) outside Dundee tomorrow with a pal from work
Never been before any tips for a new start greatly recieved :z18 :z16 :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #50 on: 04/04/2009 at 18:41 »
I fished it a couple of times and found a floating line more than enough to handle it. Small wee fishery just up from piper dam and iam sure you wont go wong with a yellow dancer on the point and a couple of buzzers on the droppers  :z16
There is flies available at the fishery and iam sure the lad at the desk will keep you right, i always found the piers outside the hutty were the best spot and dont go to deep as the place is awfy weedy  :z18

GARYBOY

« Reply #51 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:06 »
Thanks  :z18
pal phoning in morning about weather , he stays down that way ,i stay in portlethen so could be big difference in weather
here,s  hoping but her indoors will probably catch more than me any way ,usally does :cry
thanks again :z18 :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #52 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:16 »
I've fished it a couple of times , nothing to add to what Baz said , it can be a bit exposed though as it is up in the Sidlaws , it has  a fine hut though.
Just one thing be careful its near Dundee  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Jim Eddie

« Reply #53 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:23 »
Tubing on Rescobie , now that would be braw if you could. Let us know if you find anything out Baz.

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #54 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:24 »
One thing to mind Garry,
If you have anything valuable hide it under a bar of soap and iam sure you will get on fine  :wink
No fishing for you this weekend Jedi?
Iam away for a cast up a hill loch tomorrow so hopefully get a couple of broonies  :z4

Barry Robertson

« Reply #55 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:25 »
Tubing on Rescobie , now that would be braw if you could. Let us know if you find anything out Baz.

Jim

I will find out on monday when iam up there and i reallly hope its being allowed  :z18

GARYBOY

« Reply #56 on: 04/04/2009 at 19:40 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4
Thanks again lads, will let you know how it goes :z18
better not let it be known i work for DHSS  (joking)  :shock
 :z18 :z16 

Iain Goolager

« Reply #57 on: 04/04/2009 at 20:07 »
Rescobie tubing?  :z16 

Baz, you have your uses mate, mucker chum  :grin

I've had a wee jaunt to Kintore yesterday and for an hour this afternoon - not fishing  :cry trying to tire a certain wee monkey out.

Walked to the end of the beat (downstream) yesterday with the aim of reaquainting myself with that seldom fished water - there is a stretch with two or three deep runs close to the RH bank which I'd like to bug with tungsten nymphs.
On the way back upstream I saw a nice Brown of at least 1 3/4lb (could have been nearer 2 lb) dart from under the merest of overhangs on my bank. I don't often see that caliber of fish walking the bank.
There was a scattering of Olives drifting down but never seen one fish  rise - heard one - never seen it.
Today I walked over the bridge at Kintore and the water upstream was alive  (well there were quite a few fish taking olives) mostly small fish but there was one around the 1/2lb mark which had me standing watching for 10 min's or so cursing the fact that her indoors hadn't conceived 10 years earlier.

I guess that's the Salmon given a back seat as I spent almost no time fishing for Browns early doors last season.

Good luck tomorrow lads

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #58 on: 04/04/2009 at 20:28 »
One thing to mind Garry,
If you have anything valuable hide it under a bar of soap and iam sure you will get on fine  :wink
No fishing for you this weekend Jedi?
Iam away for a cast up a hill loch tomorrow so hopefully get a couple of broonies  :z4

Nah its fishing every week-end for me Baz , up at Braeside the day , couldny bide long though , Queen Amadala has gone to Dublin on a hen night so I'm left with the weans  :z8

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #59 on: 04/04/2009 at 20:32 »
What like is Braeside, is it a decent size?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com